Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Amazing Race: 5/5

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I'm really enjoying all the answers to this week's questions. And I really appreciate the commiseration to yesterday's Dr. story. Sadly, it didn't help much and I didn't feel too hot today. I do not have swine flu. I'm fairly certain it's all related to these headaches of mine.
.
Anyway, back to the last day of Amazing Race Theme Week.
I would do my best to be humiliated in costume, and not blubbering in fear about bungee jumping. I'm fairly certain Christi would be up for the bungee. But Matthew and I would...well, I don't how we would decide.
Stop imagining yourself as a player, seeing and doing interesting things. Think of yourself as a mastermind!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Pick a country or city. Now what sort of zany activity, pointless physical activity or obscure local tradeskill would you have the racers perform?
.
Love,
The Asker

4 comments:

kathleen said...

Could be any city.......let's say
Paris, France.
Posing in front of the Eiffel Tower, ask a 'passerby' to take a picture of you and your partner(with a digital camera, of course).

Anyway... deliberately make a face or close eyes or 'something' to make the 'passerby' have to 'retake' the picture. See how many times
they will do this.....before just saying they have to go.

Extention:
How many people refuse to do this and just walk away? Write this as a fraction, a decimal, as a percent. Be sure fraction is in lowest terms. Show all work.
Whoops.........kinda went into
TAKS tutoring mode......
Ha!!!

Mother of Three, Anne said...

I'll just stay in Manila for this, if I can.

Over the years, we have gotten some fantastic gifts from the Philippines. My favorite was the squid flakes, which I really wanted to pass out for Halloween, but BOB wouldn't let me because he was afraid for having the house egged as a result.

Chris and I would weave purses from straw. I would like to think of it as spinning straw into gold, becuase in my head Chris and I have won!!

Tami said...

Let's see. Since I chose Japan for my country, I'll stay there.

I could easily see a couple of "local" crazy stunts. Something involving origami, learning to wear a kimono and perform traditional kabuki (that would be fun to watch, for sure!).

Having to eat some of the bizarre (to us) seafood that they have there. Various sashimis, squids, octopus. OOoh, or having to PREPARE them instead of just eat them.

And, of course, Karaoke is originally a Japanese phenomenon. That might be more something we did for giggles as a group after the main event, though.

Maybe having people try to maintain a Japanese rock garden, raking the painstaking lines into the sand.

AggieEngineer2k said...

"Welcome to Port Royal, Jamaica. During this leg of the race, teams will have to participate in the pirate tradition of drinking rum and correctly reciting one of five shanties they must learn while drinking.

Then teams make their way via dinghy to the correct pirate ship, by deciphering a clue carved into the oars.

From there they will have to overtake and board a Flagship of the British Fleet, and finally filch a priceless heirloom from the Governor's Stateroom.

The first teams to arrive with their heirloom will remain in the race. The last team may be keelhauled... I mean eliminated. AVAST!"