Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter: things you do

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Why so late today? I forgot last night, and I'm off today, so I slept late!
Yesterday I gave blood. I was refused the last time because of low iron, something I inherited from Mom. I didn't get worried about it yeserday until I saw a woman leave before giving blood. But I passed the iron test. Later, talking with Justin, he reminded me about the power of spinach. It's true! we eat spinach almost everyday (raw in our sammiches). But it was not a trouble free donation. I have tiny veins. I had to change arms once and even then they had to use the blood pressure cuff. But my heart is strong and I filled up that bag in 5 minutes! And as another bonus, I got to eat cookies!!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Do you or your family have any Easter traditions?
.
Love,
The Asker

2 comments:

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Confetti Eggs

I have to say that since I have been a mom, Easter is the longest, most tiresome event. The dressing up, the services, the egg hunts, the meal. I guess with Cristmas, you just sit around a tree and open gifts....but for Easter, you HUNT and RUN!! And in our case, then you CHASE people and crack eggs open on their heads! It is fun and I love it, but shoo!

No amount of spinach will give me the energy I need for all of that! But, Yea! on the iron levels for you! Sorry about the tiny veins...are you bruised?

kathleen said...

At Easter we do go to services on Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and of course on Easter Sunday. Lots of family and good food. Easter egg hunts and perhaps a bunny cake of some kind.
At Easter I always think of bluebonnets and wildflowers and yes,
when I was growing up we ALWAYS made 'nests' of wildflowers for the Easter bunny to bring our goodies. Always had an Easter egg hunt at Grandma's house.
Lots of good times, lots of good memories.