Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter: Peoples.

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I love Easter candy. Let me share with you some of my favorites:
These are chocolate covered marshmallow 'eggs' from a company called Zachry, then
mini cadbury eggs.
robin eggs serve as candy AND lip color.
Pink life savers taste like cotton candy.
I used to love Peeps. I've grown out of that some and can't eat more than one in a sitting. This is also why I like my cadbury eggs in a small size. That simulated egg & yolk good is SO MUCH CONCENTRATED SWEETNESS.
These chocolate covered marshmallow 'bunnies' shown at the right don't do a good job of conveying a bunny shape, but they are still delicious.
There is one candy that I don't know how to find with google. Pastel, thin bunny or egg shape marshmallows. But the circus peanut density marshmallow, not the fluff marshmallow. They came individually packaged in clear cellophane. I haven't seen those since my Easter Egg Hunting days.
What did you learn today? I define Easter Candy by marshmallow. (Halloween and Christmas by chocolate)
.
Today's Question of the Day? is
.
Will you be able to see family or friends during this (hopefully, for everyone) long holiday weekend?
.
Love,
The Asker

9 comments:

Jackie said...

These?

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/candywarehouse_2045_209630863

I used to love these as a kid. It's been so long though, I don't know if I could handle them.

And, yes, I will be seeing lots of family and friends over the Easter break. Work Easter Egg hunt Friday morning, which I will be stopping by because there are no classes Friday, and crawfish (and, shark, perhaps?. Plus lots of family and friends throughout the weekend, and little homework. It should be a wonderful time.

kathleen said...

Yes,lots of family and friends this weekend with lots of good food, including an Easter egg hunt for my little grand daughters. :)

And more importantly beautiful church services on Thursday, Friday, Saturday,and Sunday.

May everyone have a wonderful Easter and if traveling,have a safe trip

Mother of Three, Anne said...

When you work with your family, it diminishes the gleeful anticipation of spending the holidays with them.

The Easter Egg Hunt at my mom's is for confetti eggs. Jacob is in charge of hiding all the eggs, so he makes a point of taking the youngest kids in the family around and showing them where the eggs are hidden so that they have the most eggs to crack on someone's head.

groovysabrina said...

Friends, yes. Family, no. :(

TamiJean said...

No long weekend for me. I visited with my mom last weekend, and we have a friend who might be visiting us this weekend. That's about it for me. =]

AggieEngineer2k said...

Yeppers, lookin forward to it!

Jeannie said...

Yes, family on Saturday night....good food and fun. Friends on Easter Sunday. Have a Blessed Easter, remembering the HOPE we have in our Risen Christ. Sabrina....lets' try for a webcam visit Saturday after 5pm our time. We can all see you and talk to you via Skype!

amanda said...

I'm seeing my cousins who I rarely get to see and we're taking a "family field trip" to see all places important to our family.

(And I can no longer do marshmallow based products due to the ridiculous amount of them I consumed as a youngin'. But I do remember the individually packaged marshmallows you are referring to!)

Aunt Barbara said...

Yes, oh yes we will. . . All our Cajun cousins are coming in for a Crawfish boil at the Volmar Harris home. . . you and Justin really should come on in! I cannot wait for the red pepper juice running down my arm as I peel and eat all those wonderfully delicious crawfish and corn on the cobb and new potatoes! YUMMY!!!