Sunday, April 26, 2009

Amazing Race: 1/5

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I had a pretty good weekend. It was 3 days long, so I got to do things like go to the recycle center, hit the library and get my teeth cleaned. That was probably the most positive response from a dental hygenist I've ever had at a cleaning. She sounded truely impressed by the lack of plaque and tarter. Perhaps it was the electric toothbrush that Santa left in our Christmas stockings?
.
I love naps on the carpet in the sunshine. I love naps on the couch with a blanket. I love naps on my parent's bed, because their mattress is fluffy. I love warm weather hammock naps after reading a book. I love naps induced by Sewing with Nancy or Bob Ross. (I used to have those after I got home from school).
.
I hope you are all familiar with The Amazing Race, because that is the theme of the week. If not, here is the wikipedia page with all sorts of interesting details. Essentially, pairs of people (who are friends, or related, or dating, or something) race around the world completing crazy, scary or difficult tasks in order to win each leg of the race (and a fabulous prize!) and ultimately the whole race ($1 million!). At the end of each episode, the last team is kicked off. But don't worry, The Amazing Race: QotD? will not be sophisticated enough to kick anyone off. You will all be winners!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Who would you choose to be your partner, and why?
.
I'm not going to tell you my answer yet, but I suspect it may be a little surprised.
.
Love,
The Asker

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My partner would be.....Daryl! He can speak so many languages that we would be able to get help in most any country. He was an Eagle Scout, so hopefully he will remember his trainings! Plus, he loves his mother in spite of her flaws. I look forward to seeing the answers on Monday.

Jeannie said...

Sorry, I hit submit tooooo fast. Anonymous was me.

kathleen said...

My first thought was Martin, because he can figure anything out and is very competitive.
After I typed this I thought of Michael, who can figure anything out, is very,very competitive, is quite a risk taker, and is younger.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Well-traveled, super knowlegdeable and funny...my dad, but he is kinda moving slower than speedy. He does turn 74 in two weeks.

Not quite as well-traveled, might be smarter than my dad and funny...Uncle Larry. While he is 15 younger than Dad, he just had both hips replaced last year. Too much handball. ???

Never been out of the country, has amazing smarts, is younger and stronger than Dad and Larry...Bob. But he can be intense when traveling, which is not so fun.

Jacob??? Nick???

You know...honestly, Jessica would be a great partner. She is happy, postitive,very competitive, very athletic, and has very little fear of new and unfamiliar things. I can't pick her. She is only seven.

Drats. If I only knew a ninja warrior!

TamiJean said...

My husband, definitely. Even if we didn't win, it'd be a guarantee that we'd have a blast!

AggieEngineer2k said...

I'd go with Sam Brinley or one of the Remlingers from Scouts. I don't think I ever saw them lose their cool, and they were all about the high adventure stuff.

groovysabrina said...

Dang! My first choice got taken. Excellent pick, Jeannie!

My second choice would be my friend from college, Liz Kelly. She is supa-smart, supa-creative, and supa-fun. Also loves challenges and brain games. And, she is quicker at them than anyone I know and knows how to weld. She is also a good driver.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

I DO know a Ninja Warrior!

I would take my aunt Chris! She is smart, prepared, adventurous, calm, relentless, competitive, positive and driven. She would put me on a training schedule for the event, no doubt!! AND, she would have a plan in hand for how to invest, disperse,and shelter the winnings! AUNT CHRIS!!!

Jessim said...

I would go with my husband Kevin, because he can do everything.

Of course- I wouldn't go. As much as I would love love to go to all the places, I know I'm a weeny and wouldn't make it through most of the challenges, especially the physical ones. The extreme ones my neck would prevent me from doing. And my tendonitis in my ankles prevents me from running, and the tendonitis in my knees prevents me from walking much. At least I realize I'd be a horrible partner :)

Jackie said...

Matthew. He's dependable and our knowledge and abilities complement each other. Meaning, the stuff he can do and knows about, I can't, and the stuff I know and can do he usually can't. Besides, who else would I want to travel the world with?