Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving 3/3

Dear QotD?ers,
.
It's the day before Thanksgiving and no one is here in the 14 offices I can see from my door. Maybe that means I can pump my Thanksgiving tunes* real loud. oh wait, I hear the printer (which I can also see from my door) working. It was the one other person in my group here today.
I'm really excited about Thanksgiving family time this year, probably more than I've ever been. I don't know what makes this year so special. Maybe it's because my last two family visits lasted only a few hours.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Do you like cranberry sauce?
How do you like to eat it?
.
I've always seen it as a main course mini-dessert. After I've had my first plate and go back for seconds, I'll get the dishes that I really liked and some cranberry sauce. So I don't eat it with turkey, but love it all on it's own. That may be strange?
.
I hope you all have safe travels and an enjoyable Thanksgiving. Don't overindulge on food or drink, but have fun!

Gobble gobble,
The Asker
.
*I don't have Thanksgiving tunes. I'm not even sure there are any.

6 comments:

mmnevill said...

I like the canned sauce that is so jello-like you can cut it into slices. I eat it by itself. I don't like the homemade, "good" cranberry sauce.

I bet you could find some rockin' version of "Over the River and Through the Woods" to blast.

groovysabrina said...

I didn't see any cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving this year. I am generally not a fan of cranberry sauce since the kind I grew up with came bouncing out of a can, and I avoided it. Since there is usually so much good food, I don't use up stomach space with cranberries!

We had a fun feast here, with lots of American food. Daryl even found some fajitas!

Anonymous said...

YES I like cranberry sauce. The real, straight-from-the-ninja-fruit stuff. It's awesome...

Here is a Thanksgiving song just for you...

"Turkey Day, Turkey Day,
Football, food and James Bond movies!
Turkey Day, hooray parades!
Do all your shopping... AT WALMART!"

Anonymous said...

I am a fan of both varieties, the fresh "ninja" stuff and the gelatinous blob stuff.

I also like the image of the jelly variety "bouncing out of a can." he-he

Jessim said...

I only like it from the can. I've had people make homemade and yuck.

I eat it in the same bite as turkey, on it's own, on left over sandwiches. It's the best part of holiday meals.

Anonymous said...

I love cranberries.....jellied, whole......in juice.......even made a great cranberry pie!
Cranberries and dressing are the best.