Monday, November 17, 2008

Going to the courthouse

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It has finally gotten a little chilly down here, current temperature is 40ºF.
QotD? is coming out early today because I'm not going into work this morning. I've got jury duty! This will be my first time.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Have you ever been picked to serve on a jury?
If yes, was it a criminal or civil case?
If no, which of the two would you want to jury for?
.
Love,
The Asker

5 comments:

Ben said...

I had jury duty last Monday and got selected, actually. I was in court all last week and am about to head off here for the beginning of week two...

Anonymous said...

I have been called, but I have always been exempt. Mr. Ken has served on several juries, both civil and criminal, and he gets called a lot. Although, apparently he is now exempt due to his age!! I don't get that...he is sound enough to still drive and still vote, but not sound enough to sit on a jury!??? I am for either no age discrimination or total age discrimination, but not illogical age discrimination.

Anonymous said...

I've been picked for a civil panel, but not the jury. I was really glad not to be that defendant. It was like everyone's first case except the judge.

groovysabrina said...

Nope, I have not. I never stay in Texas long enough to serve my civil duty!

Anonymous said...

I have been called several times...mostly for civil cases....but never getting to go thru the whole process.
I would love to go thru the whole process for either criminal or civil.....one day.........