Friday, November 7, 2008

Moo.

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Exciting DINK news: Saturday we not only purchased a new car, also a wii. Exciting frugal engineer news: between the two deals, we saved $3,624.75. We traded in my coreador red taurus, but I didn't tell them about the sticky passenger seat belt, the broken window motor on the back passenger side, or the fact that tiny, non-ant bugs have somehow made it into the car. HA! So good news, all my passengers, I no longer have to help you out of your seatbelt!
.
Now, this day's question wouldn't have been so exciting 8 years ago when almost all of the QotD?ers lived in a 25-mile radius. But now that you are all over the contiguous United states (excepting the east and west coasts, including Brazil), I'm pretty interested in the possible variety.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What dairy brands can you get at your grocery store and which do you favor?
.
Despite seeing no commercials for it ever, Lucerne has crept into the dairy aisle. It's beating out Borden in shelf space. And it's pretty reasonabally priced, so that's the brand of our milk and cheeses. Wow, I just looked at their website. The closest milk manufacturing plant is in Arizona! They also produce softdrinks like Dr. Skipper(!) and a lot of Safeway brand products.
.
Moo,
The Asker

9 comments:

Tami Parker said...

Lessee...the Piggly Wiggly Brand, I think maaaybe Borden, but I'm not sure. It's some big chain brand. Dean's. And some kind of Happy Cow organic milk.

Those are just the milks, and don't include soy milks and DEFINITELY don't include cheeses. There are lots of cheeses here.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea which brands are available. I buy the Goldenbrook brand, which is the store brand for Brookshires dairy. It is cheaper than the other brands and it comes from Tyler and they swear that there are no added hormones in the cows. I just grab two to three gallons at a time and go, paying little attention to other brands.

Speaking of...what brand of car did you buy? I am seeing you in a cute black Honda Accord with a sunroof.

Anonymous said...

Red, blue, yellow, another blue one, then maybe purple? I usually get red.

Kristen said...

We got a 2009 silver Ford Fusion. Should have taken pictures this weekend, since we won't see it in daylight again until Friday afternoon.
No moonroof for us! We stayed with a fairly simple package. AC, power windows and locks! It has a 6-disc CD player and that seems like luxury to me! I can't find an easy picture to link to. sorry.

groovysabrina said...

Almost all dairy products here are shipped from a state about 850 mi away, the dairy state as it were, kind of like Wisconsin or Vermont in the US. Turns out that no matter what kind of cheese you get, it tastes JUST LIKE mozzarella! Milk here also tastes quite different. No pasteurization or fortification. Not sure about Homogenization.
Note: my favorite brands in the States were Lucerne, Silk, and Rice Dream.

alicia said...

here i can get this crazy brand called poinsettia, but i don't like it. usually i stick to the kroger or wal-mart milk. i miss Lily milk!

congrats on your new car!! i know that's super exciting and you will enjoy it very much!

Daryl Brown said...

Not sure what my milk brand of choice used to be, probably Lucerne like Sabrina said. Silk Very Vanilla is very delicious! You should try it.

amanda said...

I RARELY drink milk unless I'm making brownies or cookies, but when I do I buy Promised Land Milk which is SOOO much easier to find here in San Antonio. It's from a local dairy outside of San Antonio that I got hooked on when I was attending SWT. Other than that, I really don't pay attention to milk. And I only buy fancy cheese from the deli case, so I really don't pay attention to that either. I just buy what looks good. =)

Anonymous said...

Albertson's brand milk, sour cream, cream cheese.
If I'm feeling 'special', I will buy Braums milk. It is the BEST.
I do have to drive out of the way to get it!
Word verification: olembo