Monday, November 3, 2008

Boo?

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Welcome to November. As always, I'm very surprised at how quick the year is going. Many years ago I was watching a tv show or reading a magazine article that gave me a new perspective on the passing of time. As a 10-year old, a year takes SOOO LONG to pass, because that's 10% of your life! As a 26 year old, a year is a quick 3.8% of your life. It only gets worse. I'm sorry I have to share this depressing news with you on a Monday, but it's good for you to know. Perhaps you will do more with your time, knowing how quickly it will all pass?
.
Now, if only I could figure out all these levers on my desk chair...
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What did you do for Halloween?
.
I did nothing Halloweeny. waited for the cable guy, enrolled for 2009 insurance, watched tv, early voted. Yesterday we bought discount halloween candy.
.
Love,
The Asker

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stayed home and passed out candy. Jessica and Bob went trick or treating, while Nick went with a group of his friends. Jacob was at the football game not doing anything Halloweenish.

Ford, our most wonderful dog ever, is not a big fan of Halloween. It makes him nervous when that many "strangers" come to the door. He was the happiest when all the festivities ended.

The best part of the Halloween take was the beat-up package of Southwest Airlines Dry Roasted Peanuts celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month. I wanted to save it so we could laugh for years to come, but Nick thought it would be better to take it outside and beat it with a hammer!!

Jessim said...

There was no discount candy the next day here! Christmas stuff was out already, and no halloween stuff in sight.

For halloween I stayed at home and did some sewing while passing out candy

alicia said...

after class was over, i went back to college station and did my early voting, as well! and then i went with my parents to our church's "trunk or treat" to see the nephew and niece in their little costumes (colby was a fireman and kennedy was a skunk... believe me, it's an appropriate costume! :-) ), and then we all went to have a festive halloween dinner at ninfa's. it was great!

groovysabrina said...

Halloween is one of my all-time favorite holidays, and I missed celebrating it this year for the first time in MANY! perhaps ever! I love dressing up and seeing everyone's creative costumes. Next year I will be back in action.

We had delicious, if not authentic, margaritas after work along with some chips and salsa that reminded us of home. Not quite the same, but close.

Anonymous said...

We did not really do anything Halloweeny either. We went out to eat with friends and then went to a high school football game. I did have some Halloween decorations in my home...some pumpkins/jack o'lanterns. Gave my students a 'treat' in class. :)