Tuesday, November 18, 2008

aromatics

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Yesterday I went to the courthouse for my jury summons. After roll call, a list was called out and asked to return at 1pm. I was in that group, so I left, did some errands, had some lunch at home and then went back. The afternoon was spent asking questions and explaining the legal responsibilities of both parties in a criminal case. Those of us not chosen for the jury were asked to return Wednesday to fill a jury for another case. I'll probably make a livejournal entry of my experience, but we can also talk about it next time we are on the phone or get together.
Benno, a second week of jury duty! It must be a difficult one. May God grant you wisdom and clarity... and a verdict before Thanksgiving.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What are three of your favorite smells?
.
Love,
The Asker

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Fresh ground coffee. I can't stand to drink it (or anything coffee flavored, including ice cream and tirimisu) but the aroma is wonderful.

Clean Laundry. Sadly, it's not just the drier sheet smell (though that smells pretty good). But it's the combination of our Arm & Hammer 'fresh' detergent and Bounce drier sheets. If they could bottle that, it would be my new favorite perfume.

Old Spice - cologne or deoderant. My grandpa wore Old Spice and My Justin wears Old Spice deoderant.

Anonymous said...

Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

Onions and garlic sauteed in butter.

Fresh clean babies washed with baby soap and covered in baby lotion! That is the best smell!!

Hey, Kristen, ask me sometime about the best ever turkey stuffing! That is a good smell, too.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate, coffee beans (not necessarily coffee, but the beans), and winter in wisconsin.

That last one is a combination of the cool crispness of snow, someone using a wood burner and giving off some lovely woodsmoke, fir trees, and clean, cool skies. I love standing outside and smelling wisconsin in winter.

Anonymous said...

I dunno, so here are three smelly quotes...

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

"Smelly Cat, Smelly cat what are they feeding you?"

"Oh, believe me, that's enough! But the worst thing is, if you so much as set a foot in the Bog of Stench, you'll smell bad for the rest of your life. It'll never wash off. "

groovysabrina said...

Sauteed onions and garlic in butter or olive oil.

Daryl's Cologne from Cologne.

Agreed on clean laundry. In particular, anything washed by mom always has the most wonderful smell.

Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

MacIntosh Apple(Yankee Candle)
Biscotti candle (Pier I)
Turkey/Dressing at Thanksgiving

There are more......but right now those are the top 3.