Tuesday, November 11, 2008

tetrachloroethylene

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Happy Veterans Day! I don't believe any of our current QotD?ers are veterans, but I'm sure you know some personally. Give them a hug and tell them thank you. They do(/have done) jobs that I could never handle. And while war is terrible, I'm proud we have volunteers pledged to defend us. Thanks Dad Brown!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Of all the garments you own with washing instructions "Dry Clean Only," how many do you actually take to the dry cleaners?
.
I have probably taken my own clothes to the dry cleaners less than three times. Formal dresses (band banquet, bridesmaid, etc.) and suit jackets get dry cleaned, everything else can go for a ride in the gentle cycle.
.
Love,
The Asker

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has recently been pointed out to me that not all veterans volunteered for duty. Regardless, all the veterans I know are proud and thankful to have served. They all say the service made them mature and gave them skills or options that they would not have had otherwise. But some of them are...not huggable and would get squeamish if I dared to thank them. So instead, I will just listen to how they used to live in Hawaii and how they single-handedly saved the world from polio.

There are clothes that I could take to someone else to get cleaned??? Would they iron them too?? I want some of those clothes!!

groovysabrina said...

My dry-cleaning days are over. for now. But I used to dry clean lots of things, since it was relatively cheap in DC and the dry-cleaner was right around the corner! They used to fix my hems, too.

Anonymous said...

I do fancy stuff like suits and sometimes dress shirts. Did my high school letter jacket once, too.

Anonymous said...

I have my dress pants and fancy clothes dry cleaned. I like they nice press job they do!
I too am thankful for the members of our family that have served in the military, Dennis, my husband, his brother Mark and Casey, my nephew-in-law, who is currently in Iraq.

Anonymous said...

I try not to buy clothes that are dry clean only, but in the event I do...........
I faithfully take them to the cleaners.....

word verification: cospow

Anonymous said...

Veteran's Day, 2008
We had a wonderful Veteran's Day ceremony today at school. Very touching.

Bumper sticker worth repeating:
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!

mmnevill said...

I dry cleaned my comforter twice when it got too dogged-up to be useable. I do not wear dry clean clothes. Anything I have that is dry clean only, has never been cleaned. It is probably pretty gross.

Stacia said...

As a K-3rd grade teacher, I've learned to avoid clothing that says "dry clean only". I also tend to buy things that don't need to be ironed either. Wow, I'm lazy! But in my defense, our little town of 50 doesn't have a dry cleaners :).