Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year! 8/9

Dear QotD?ers,

Yesterday, it was commented that I looked silly riding a bicycle while wearing cowboy boots. Well, Anne, to my knowlege, I've never owned cowboy boots. The boots that I was wearing Sunday were my awesomesauce steampunk boots. Please check them out here:

Oh yes, that is real fake wooly lining for a more authentic look. ;] These boots are fun!

And here are my 2010 resolutions/goals:

· Get together with old friends at least once a month
· Go to bed before 11pm on schoolnights, once accomplished for a month, knock it down by 8 minutes until at 10:15
· Exercise on the weekly, either brisk walking or BIKE RIDING!! Maybe join a class at the Y
· Finish home-izing the house (decorations, painting, hanging up pictures)
· Make QotD? Even better
· Keep up with Amanda’s 365 picture blog adventure.

Today's Question of the Day? is:

What sort of crazy things do you think will happen in 2010? any crazy predictions? (again, wacky answers encouraged)

Love,
The Asker

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Cute boots!!

Me graduating college and having to enter the "real world" (as though I'm living in a bubble at the moment) seems crazy ... but certainly not wacky.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Asker! Those are great boots!! Possibly still not the best choice for bike riding, unless you are pretending that your Huffy is a Harley and it helps you visualize the whole thing, and then I am all for that!!

My mind is rather at a loss. I am thinking about all the predictions I HAVE made and how those turned out. ( A quote that might help: "The only spreadsheets Bob and I did not make in forecasting his own business and how we would handle things if that event arrived were these two: What to do when aliens invade earth and What to do if I get pregnant." And since I obviously left out one vital spreadsheet, I have been apprehensive about the alien invasion for a while, so those posts yesterday are very unsettling.)

And since Jacklyn made me laugh by implying that college life is NOT a little bubblesphere, I will predict that Jacklyn will be equally amused to discover that the "real world" is INDEED very wacky!! Much wackier than AggieLand!!

Well, congratulations to Cuano and GroovySabrina!!

Tami Parker said...

Those boots are awesome. Where did you get them, and will you be crushed if I get a pair for myself? Because AWESOME.

Crazy things in 2010. Hmmmm...

I believe 2010 will be the Year of the Burrito. The Japanese will get their hands on Mexican food, they will make it adorable and thus beloved by all, and then they will build burrito robots which are essentially house elves and will clean and tidy homes.

groovysabrina said...

Thank you, Anne :)

Those boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do.

Prediction: Someone will begin importing tortillas and tortilla chips to Salvador. I know, it's craaaazy. (not that we need it now with our sweet tortilla press) ;)

Sweetie Pie said...

Oh that's a hard one! Maybe Dr.Fandandango will take over the world!
Love,
Sweetie Pie

kathleen said...

I like your boots also!
And yes......you did have a pair of cowboy boots when you were 3 or 4??? Still from El Paso days.....


Our third child graduating from college..... Woo Hoo!
I predict more fun times and an amazing vacation to the most wonderful place in the world....
I also predict that I will get a new car.

Kristen said...

Jackie, thank you! Graduation is an excellent expectation for 2010

Anne, Thank you! I would not have chosen to ride with boots, but that's what I was wearing to the store. If the bike had fit in the care better, I would not have ridden it home.

TamiJean, I purchased them from overstock.com and they are diba brand. I don't see them on the site anymore, but I would not be upset if we were boot buddies. Burrito robots would be revolutionary!

Sabrina, how is that tortilla press working out?

Sweetie Pie, oh no! that could be.. inconvenient!

Mom, where is the most wonderful place in the world? What sorta new car do you picture!?