Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year! 3/9

Dear QotD?ers,

I know there are many of you that are living at a latitude more north than my own, but I'm going to complain about being cold anyway. It's getting cold! It's supposed to be below freezing tonight! and then get into the 20s this weekend and stay there! I may not get out of bed at all. brrrrrr, just thinking about it makes me cold. oh wait, that's my hands and feet. they are cold.

How'd I do on my own 2009 goals?
- exercize more: I enrolled in fitness classes for the spring and summer through the local parks & Rec department and went until we moved to our new house. After that it was spotty, but then i got serious again before the 5k race in October. Then it got dark before we got home and my exercize became shivering. In combination with the exercize, we changed our eating habits and I lost 15-20 pounds by May and have kept those pounds off! successsss!
- get a house: successsss!
- visit more friends: I tried to get at least one visit in per month. Over all I did pretty good, but I would have liked to do more
- peepy chicken art: fail
- writing a monthly update: lasted pretty good until May. and then I got a facebook and it was much easier just to put a month's worth of pictures on there. I would have liked to have kept up with other aspects of the update, like my headache health.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What was the most significant change for you in 2009?

Love,
The Asker

9 comments:

The Minears said...

I moved to Japan and had to start driving on the other side of the road.

Mother of three, Anne said...

I do not think I had any changes, let alone significant ones in 2009. Even if I wanted to count the cello, learning toplay it will be more of a 2010 event.

I thought it was going to be warmer yesterday, but as I was driving towards home at 3:30, the temperature was reading 35 degrees! No wonder I was so cold!!

Asker, Don't worry about the conspiracy thing! In a family where things like "I'll love you the most if you sweep this floor" or "Your brother just earned $250.00 for giving me a blanket" are uttered, it is hardly likely that winning cosmic brownie points will alter the dynamics of life much. But you gave Dr. Fandango the power!! YIKES!!

TamiJean,

Your creative efforts are a solitary enterprise. I had help making people and continue to have help and support making sure those people have thier heads on straight, despite other indications. My aunt once asked me to agree with her that the mother is the most important person in a child's life. I couldn't. Fathers are extremely vital to and needed by children AND mothers. So you are still winning, TamiJean!! (And I must concede that I was intending to NOT make people for some of the people I made, which I think diminishes my accomplishment!!)

kathleen said...

Major accomplishments last year........hmmmmmmmm

Ask me again at the end of 2010. ;)

Tami Parker said...

@Asker
Woot! Congratulations on your accomplishments! We both fizzled on the monthly updates, and right about the same time, I think.

Also, with your new picture a day thing, I imagine peepy chickens will make their way into your 2010!

@the question
Most significant change? My weight loss was over the end of 2008 and all of 2009, so I don't think it truly counts. I stopped playing World of Warcraft and closed off my Egotistical Priest blog, which was a big deal but in sort of a one-dimensional change.

*thinkthinkthink*

I believe I shall call my most significant change the manuscript I wrote with Jenny. Not just because it's the first book I actually set out to write (I can now be convicted of writing with intent to publish!) but also because I learned a LOT about writing and shared my journey with a new and very good friend.

@Anne
I have accidentally written a book before. Ask KristenSue. It was the original Blue Moon and it totally was not intended to be a book, so your accidental people making no longer counts as a negative when the fun-ness of your life is tallied up. =P

Also, I've had lots of help with my writing, including the co-authored book mentioned in my answer today. ^_^

(You can't lose. I am determined to see you the winner!)

AggieEngineer2k said...

Becoming a home owner and paying off a car.

Jessim said...

I lost my job, and started a new one that was very similar, but different from the old one.

Kristen said...

Angel-A Minear, THAT'S CRAZY TIME! So glad you kept QotD?, though.

Anne, nothing big in 2009? I may reread all of your posts to find the most exciting thing you answered about and claim that for you.
I contributed to both of TamiJean's narritives! I'm even mentioned in the first printing of Blue Moon.

TamiJean, hmm, maybe I shall start having a secret peepy chicken in my pictures... see if anyone starts to notice. I will be excited to read that next book of yours.

Justin, WINNER!

Skittl, that's a big, stressfull change, but I'm glad it ended with a job!

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Asker,

Well, you could reread all my posts, but some years/days are just like that. Sometimes it is GOOD to have a year without anything big happening. I am okay with having an uneventful year. But I appreciate you wanting that for me!!

TamiJean!

You can't make me the winner!! I will win because I WANT to win, not because you tell me to win!!

First, I am going to keep a fun-ness tally!!

Today's tally was 73598!!!!

The Minears said...

I had a QotD? dream last night. The Asker, AggieEngineer, Anne, and Kathleen were definitely in it, as well as someone else who was getting married and asking for advice on dealing with troublesome bridesmaids. And I think Darryl was in it but he's not on QotD? anymore, is he?