Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I SPY: 4/5

Dear QotD?ers,

1) the lock of hair that was purple, but is fading
2) all the dead bugs

Hey, sometimes I comment on your answers by making my own comments in the day's post. Did you guys know that? It's true. (Except for you playing at home, you get comments by direct mail!). The winner for saddest things was Sabrina, "People sleeping on the sidewalks. Maps showing deforestation."
This afternoon, I walked 3 miles in 44 minutes. PSHOOOOoooommmmmm. <-fast walking noise. I also got to eat pineapple and cheesecake, but in different meals. And then had to watch Justin suffer through jalapeƱo juice in his eye. That was sad, but dinner was delicious.
I think I'm going to save the wackiest question for Friday.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
You spy, with your little eye, three things that could be from the future. What are they?

Looove,
The Asker
P.S. New Glasses!
P.P.S. Cousin-In-Law-via-exchange-program, you can go by your real name if you'd like. I just didn't want to tell The Internet without your permission.

10 comments:

The Minears said...

Annelise's bug toy, it's radio-controlled and could be construed as a robot.
A USB thumb drive, it flips in and out of the case like a pocketknife and could be just about anything...
My 4x6 photo printer, for the time in the future when we print on very small paper.

Mother of three, Anne said...

This is not so eay to answer, especially since my desk is strewn with piles. Maybe I should attmpt this later with a more alert brain.

kathleen said...

That is a toughie as I look around my house....so......

I'm closing my eyes........and
see:
- our dream home in the country
- Matthew's wedding picture
- 50th wedding anniversary picture
of Martin and myself

Jessim said...

You can have purple hair at work? I want some.

Future?
Uh... it's too early to be creative. I'm sorry.

Jeannie said...

Oh, Kathleen, great answers! As for me, grandchildren, travel pictures from the many places we will have visited, a new truck for Dennis.

AggieEngineer2k said...

· A network drawing for a wireless mesh in the field, which I have yet to install.
· A picture of a device I ordered from NewEgg that hasn't arrived yet.

...but the best answer I have...

· The clock from the "shiney things" QotD? of this week, which is showing what time it will be at 7:32 tonight!

groovysabrina said...

Healthy forests!
Sustainable development and poverty alleviation!
Tonight's lasagna, yum.

Tami Parker said...

I totally did not recognize you in the "serious face" picture. *boggle*

* My fern has a teensy baby frond just now thinking about unfurling.

* I have a sticky note reminding me that I have a seminar to attend in December (so I don't come in to work that day)

DrFandango said...

Dear The Asker,
I see a hammer because really, have hammers changed that much in the past bajillion or so years? Also, I see nanobots. Mostly because we are starting a project on nanobots in my engineering class and they are pretty futuristic. Lastly, I see the quote from the Mighty Boosh episode I saw a few weeks ago, "Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either."
Sincerly, Dr. Fandango, Hater of fuzzy mammals P.S. Just sad, sad toasters made of glass.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

I spy the toilet seat banjo in our home, which will be part of the futuristic rock band that preforms songs specifically meant for the 60 year old, angst ridden rebel.

I spy my SecurID tag that constantly changes access codes and is super fun because no one can correctly guess all nine random digits, which will soon be my keyless entry for home and vehicles.

I spy three hair clips, which will soon become devices that control the behavior of children. Volume controls, inappropriate behaviors and rudenss will be monitored and adjusted through these devices.

It's a bit Big Brotherish, but I bet I could make a fortune at schools!!