Monday, September 7, 2009

LABOR day

Dear QotD?ers,

I've enjoyed a 4 day weekend and hosted two seperate events. All of my immediate family came down to spend the night Saturday, and Justin's parents and sister came over to enjoy food and games as well. It was incredible having so many people over.. and we could even fit in the kitchen and not be cramped! Today (Labor Day) we had some work friends over for snacks and so they would stop asking about the housewarming party. It was good to see them outside of the office. One of our good couple friends also came over and they brought us a flowering bush. We shall plant it in the backyard.

Hopefully everyone will get to enjoy this shortened work week (except for students at Texas A&M University who had class today. Sorry, Jackie)

I have been to the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building (I cried), St. Louis Arch (I cried), The Alamo (but not the basement), the Badlands, Old Faithful and Mount Rushmore. Why did I cry, you ask? I was incredibly afraid of heights and both of those landmarks require rediculously long elevator rides (I was also afraid of elevators and falling to my death).

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What was the most laborious thing you did this Labor Day?

Love,
The Asker

8 comments:

The Minears said...

We went to the beach today, so the most laborious thing I did was tote Annelise around. The kid weighs 20 pounds now and is quite heavy.

Auntie Barb said...

I washed clothes and helped Stacia get some embroidery done while she was visiting. I taught her how to digitizeher own designs.

kathleen said...

I did some labor in the house, cleaning, doing laundry, paying bills.

Thank you for hosting the weekend.
I believe everyone had a wonderful time. You and Justin were a great hostess/host.

Yeah for a short work week!

Jessim said...

I knit half a pair of socks.

groovysabrina said...

Your party sounded fun!

We had the day off, too. It was Independence Day. (Again). I made banana bread. Daryl made cheesebread and worked on a paper. We also went grocery shopping.

Jackie said...

The basement of the Alamo. I hear there's a pretty sweet bike down there.

We had a great time at your get together! It was lots of fun and really good seeing everyone again.

Like you said, A&M had class today so I had to go about normal business of going to my four Monday classes and doing homework. However, I got to do my homework on my new computer, so it was kind of exciting.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

I ironed clothes.

Jessica and I went with Jacob and Meghan on Sunday afternoon. Here's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Jacob and Meghan went ring shopping.

Jessica bought Jacob a baby blue bow tie with sailboats on it for his birthday!! It is perfect.

Jessica had $40.04 and she said she wanted to buy her own gift for Jacob and spend about $10.00.

The tie cost $11.85, but she thought she wouldn't mind spendig just a little more. She paid for the tie with $15.00 and took her change. When we got outside, she made me sit down and figure out how much money she had left. First she made me take wasy 15 and then add back 2.17 to give her the balance. When I told her what she had left, she had the saddest face.

"How? I didn't spend very much, but now I have very little left."

Ah, yes. Jacob turned sixteen, but Jessica turned wiser!!

Jeannie said...

I mowed the yard on Sunday evening. It was hot even late into the evening!