Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cake: 3/5

Dear QotD?ers,

Today was very rainy, but the nice gentle kind. For example, it rained on us during our walk home from the clubhouse/exercize room, but the drizzle felt good after exercizing. Someday soon it's going to become miserable and I won't be able to feel my feet anymore, so I'm going to enjoy this mild fall weather! (FINALLY)

I like a lot of cakes. Yellow, strawberry, moist chocolate, italian creme, ice cream cakes, pancakes, and even carrot cake. The frosting will depend on the cake, but I'm mostly a fan of the fluffy, 'whipped' type frostings and cream cheese frostings!

Today's Question of the Day? is:
Is there a cake or icing flavor or combination that you would never eat, even if you were hungry and it were for free? (or, less extreme, what sort of cake don't you like?)

Love,
The Asker

8 comments:

Jeannie said...

After I found out that the white fluffy icing from some grocery store cakes is half powdered sugar and half shortening, I don't really like them. I didn't like the taste before, but just the thought of that much shortening makes my tummy ache!

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Any store-bought birthday cake for kids is usually just gross, especially the icings. And they are typically not that cute, either.

We are not big cake eaters. The Good Grandma made Jacob a birthday cake and we ended up throwing more than half of it away after a week.

groovysabrina said...

store-bought. ew.

also not a fan of frosting in a can/pouch. too many weird, un-pronounceable ingredients.

kathleen said...

Don't really care for spice cake.
As far as eating cake, the first-second bite are always the best.

Jessim said...

I often skip chocolate cakes at work.

Now, one of the layers of my wedding cake was a chocolate mousse and it was a dream, but store bought chocolate cake is never good, and not worth the calories.

Tami Parker said...

I'm not a big cake eater, to be honest. There are fewer cakes that I will voluntarily eat than the other way around.

Additionally, if you're not watching http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ , it's a shame.

Additionally the second, the hubby declared that he had a hankering for some cake last night, so we went to the grocery store and I now I have a dozen heart-shaped triple chocolate cupcakes with dark chocolate frosting.

Unknown said...

My first attempt at making my own fondant was terrible. I would never eat that. However, my second attempt tasted like marshmallow yumminess, so I wouldn't rule out that receipt entirely.

As for cake itself, I don't know if, apart from stale cake, there's a specific cake I don't like.

Jackie (from Matthew's computer)

The Minears said...

I'm not a fan of cream cheese icing or any sort of fruit-flavored icing or jam-like filling.