Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cake: 5/5

Dear QotD?ers,

I was really surprised by the answers to yesterday's question. I'd ask for an awesome castle cake, looking very realistic with grey marbled stone. And there will be a moat and that moat will have alligators that snap their jaws, and a working drawbridge and part of the nearby forest with an adorable cottage with kittens and ponies. Flavors will be pound cake (for strength), italian creme (for deliciousness) and tres leches (that'd be good for the swampy area). It looks amazing!

Today I'll offer you two questions.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
When was the last time you ate cake?
OR
If you were at a party in your honor, and while you were being congratulated by all the attendants, they were serving from a cake with your face on it, and by the time you were able to get cake, the only pieces left were JUST of your face (like an eye, nose and mustache, half your smile, either eyebrow) What would you feel least weard about eating in cake form?

Love,
The Asker

9 comments:

The Minears said...

I ate cake in August for my friend David's birthday. And I would be least weirded out by eating my smile. Don't want a piece of cake with an eye on it, that's creepy. And I would hope that if someone made a cake with my face on it that they'd leave off my moustache out of kindness.

Jessim said...

No. I don't think it would bother me.

Reminds me of the "face cake" episode of scrubs.

groovysabrina said...

haha, Minears made me laugh! I think I'd feel fine eating an image of my nose. Probably by the time it got the point you described it would be so messy that it wouldn't really look like anything anymore.

Last time I had cake: last week I had some at a conference. We also eat a lot of brownies at home, those are kind of cakey. As an aside, simple un-frosted cake is very common for breakfast here, though it is not a part of ours.

Tami Parker said...

Smile would weird me out the least, fo sho.

And Skittl - reminds me of Star Trek moreso than Scrubs. My geekery knows no bounds. "A cellular peptide cake, with mint frosting."

Mother of Three, Anne said...

I suppose the last time I ate cake was around Jacob's birthday. It was an orange cake with orange frosting. It was okay.

Face cake...I would eat the eyes and mouth, thereby erasing the wrinkles and then I would not look like a forty year old frump!! There probably isn't enough airbrushing available to take care of the aging on my face!!


Kathleen,

Thanks for the prayers. It seems that the teenage brain has not been lost altogether and there was a very insightful and reassuring conversation between Bob and the teenager last night. I'll just assume that YOU helped make the difference because that makes me happy!!

TamiJean,

That's pretty geeky!! I am impressed! You must be the most amazing person in all of Wisconsin!!

Jeannie said...

Not a fan of cakes with faces/photos on them. Would probably scrape off the icing and eat the most delicious cake.

kathleen said...

I last ate cake at a baby shower at after school on Tuesday. One of the teacher's made it and it was yummy!It was a 3 layer cake
with the middle layer being strawberry cake. The top and middle layer were white cake. It was a made from scratch cake and was for a 'baby girl'...
To answer the other question, I would feel wierd about eating an eye........

kathleen said...

Yikes........I did not proof read
before I clicked......


By the way, I am baking 2 (two)
pineapple upside-down cakes, right now...... they are about ready to take out of the oven.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Kathleen,

I heard that baby shower cake was yummy from several people! But...why are you home baking??

And Asker...

Guess what I just uttered?

Thank goodness for the Philippines!! They are the best!!

I know! If the Simpsons had not taught me that there are zero Philippinos mentioned in the Bible, I would think this is the end of the world as written in Revelations!!!