Monday, September 21, 2009

Cake: 2/5

Dear QotD?ers,

Today I had cupcakes to share with co-workers in honor of my birthday. And then I got a bouquet of flowers! There was also a large bag of Reese's Pieces which I made Justin take away from me. That candy is good.
Now I'm very tired and ready for bed. I'll end the chatting part of QotD? and go right to the question.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What is your favorite sort of icing or topping to go with cake? (If you don't have an answer, or you only eat pineapple upside down cake which doesn't really have frosting... just tell me about all the liquids stored in your refrigerator.)

Love,
The Asker

8 comments:

The Minears said...

I like the icing from my Score Cake (mentioned yesterday), it's a combination of cool whip, melted butter, and powdered sugar. I also like plain yellow cake without any icing at all.

kathleen said...

I do like the pecan coconut frosting that goes on German Chocolate cake. There is also a cooked coconut frosting that goes on top of a poppyseed cake that is similar and delicious.

groovysabrina said...

I love cream cheese frosting and anything that involves condensed milk, which is the most common here in Brazil. Scratch that. Just give me a can of condensed milk and a spoon and I will be happy as a clam.

Jessim said...

Funfetti icing!

I am so store bought when it comes to cake.

(Wilton's icing dyes are also super fun so that you can color a bajillion different icing colors)

Jeannie said...

Ah, the women on today's post...we all love the smooth creamy toppings, as do I. One of my favorite pound cake toppings is fresh peaches cooked into a topping like cobbler filling or sweetened slices strawberries.

Tami Parker said...

Chocolate buttercream frosting, closely followed by cream cheese frosting. <3

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Groovy Sabrina made me laugh!! Tell me true! You were one of those kids at birthday parties that just ate all the icing off the cake, no??? And were you not in Brazil, you would be my primary suspect. Someone in my home keeps opening cans of condensed milk, using about a teaspoon and then putting the can in the refrigerator just so they can open a new can and repeat the process. It was driving me nuts anyway, but when one of the cans spilled.....


I love carrot cakes and the cream cheese frostings! Jacob makes a really awesome cream cheese frosting.

Moana Shake said...

I hate all icing except for the kind that comes on German Chocolate cake.