Wednesday, September 9, 2009

IT'S THE NINES!

Dear QotD?ers,

Today was a rough day. There were some serious things that came up at work that I had to deal with. The free lunch was meat-and-sauce heavy bbq, Justin fell ill and this evening I found a spider crawling on my arm. Whenever I discover live spiders in our home I feel the need to exclaim "THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! I AM UNCOMFORTABLE" in a very distressed voice, but as Justin was sleeping, I had to freak-out quietly and kill the spider myself.
In good news, The Beatles: Rock Band was released today and my Limited Edition Premium Bundle was delivered! Apparently there is a huge box in my mom-in-law's (Jeannie's) dining room waiting for me. Did I mention I ordered it in May, a time when we were still looking at houses and had no idea where we would be in the distant month of September?
Ug. a spider. and I killed one yesterday too. UNACCEPTABLE!

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What were you doing at 09/09/09 09:09:09?

Love,
The Asker

8 comments:

Jeannie said...

I had just started to show a DVD to my students on Netiquette...manners to remember while using your electronics! I put 09/09/09 on my white board this morning instead of Sept. 9, 2009 because it looked so cool.

Auntie Barb said...

Well, yesterday morning I was scrolling through "work wear" to help find some kind of sweatshirt for us to order that could possibly look good on 15 people at the same time. And last night,I was peacerfully sleeping next to my honey who will be gone for the next 7,working nights and overtime. YUK!!! I do so hate sleeping alone.

kathleen said...

Morning: I was teaching 1st period
"Hands on Equations"
Evening: I was reading the newspaper with TV in background.

My students thought it was neat
and we had a discussion about 08-08-08 etc. and how if a date like
that falls on a Saturday, there are lots of weddings

groovysabrina said...

9:09:09 am I was at work. doing work-like things.
9:09:09 pm I was eating dinner with Daryl, spinach-walnut pesto!

40 minutes later our power went out and I couldn't watch the HEALTHCARE speech! sad.

Jessim said...

I was likely working math problems at my desk. I neglected to commemerate down to the second

Jackie Dumais said...

My first class of the day starts at 9:10, so in the morning I was waiting patiently for my class to begin.

In the evening, I was sitting on the couch with some friends debating if we wanted to go out or not.

Not too exciting. But I didn't even think about yesterday being 9/9/09!

Mother of Three, Anne said...

I was at the computer, waiting for a scan to finish so I could get to business, and did a little happy dance for the occassion.

We frequently celebrate BOB o'clock, which is 8:08, by playing loud music or dancing. One of the perks of having married Bob.

Asker, those big, fat glue traps work really well for spiders and such. Also, try stuffing steel wool into the weep holes around your home to keep bugs from finding a way in.

Hope Justin is feeling better.

The Minears said...

We were at Water Babies for Annelise's first class.