Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday

Dear QotD?ers,

Yesterday evening I bought a bag of whole almonds to serve as a healthy snack at work. This morning, I tore across the top at the 'tear hear' location, but somebody was sleeping at their 'packaging quality control' job and now I have to use scissors to open my almonds. Just like in the olden days before advanced packaging! ~opens bag~ Success! ~crunch~

In a completely unrelated topic, reruns of ALF will be showing this summer as part of a 'remember how great the 80's were?' summer promotion. I forget which station, but I've set our DVR to record it. ALF's only fault was that he likes to eat cats.


Imagine you are a martial artist,

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What power word do you exclaim when throwing a kick/chop/punch to the face of your enemies?
(Think "hi-yah!", but more original)
Love,
The Asker
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A serving of almonds is apparently 8 almonds.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

8 Almonds is not very many almonds, I think.

Also, I would probably scream like a little girl and then ask them if they were okay, could I get them a bandaid, maybe some iodine or rubbing alcohol or ouch, maybe a steak for that eye and I'm SO sorry, and I swear, that never happened before, and sure, we can call an ambulance if that's what they really want....

Kristen said...

I would yell "aaaAAAWWW, SNAP!"

Tamijean, you are not supposed to give your enemies bandaids or steaks! You are supposed to give them fear and pain!

Anonymous said...

Well, I mean, but they're HURT!

I don't want to unleash Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary without good reason! I could put an eye out!

groovysabrina said...

We re-enacted the situation just now, and apparently when I am confronted with such a situation, I shout "KaPow!" That seems to be me at my most intimidating.

Anonymous said...

~performs fighting stance Keyboard Typing Fist~
"qwerrrr-TYYYYYYYYY!"

Stacy said...

I think I would yell...SHIMMYSHAMALONG! FEEL MY PAIN!

Anonymous said...

I would give it a "bang, boom, POW!" because I would give a kick, chop AND punch to the face!

...then I would follow it up with a "bam wham, thank you ma'am" 'cept it would be ironic, 'cause I was taught not to hit girls.

alicia said...

i would yell "HOO-AH!!" i don't know why. although, when my sisters and i used to fight, we never punched each other but we yelled a lot. so maybe if i were a ninja with a personal issue with my enemy, i might yell something pertaining to the fight. otherwise, i think i would stick with "hoo-ah!"

almonds are a GREAT healthy snack! way to go, superkristen!

Jessim said...

i'm not very original- but I wouldn't say hi-yah, it would be more of a YAH! No hi though.

Unknown said...

Tonga!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....yaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Ashley said...

"oof-ta!!!"
not so much martial artist-ish, but realistically i bet that's what i would say if i were in a martial artist-ish type fight.

another note, i bet you'd find it very interesting that we used an Alf episode in one of our psych experiments last semester, mainly cause kids nowadays haven't seen it and it has absolutely nothing to do with what we were studying...

Anonymous said...

Well so long as they didn't have almonds (seeing as how i'm allergic-eek!) to defeat me with, id unleash some booty-kicking skills and yell a hefty "wyyyyiiiieeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooo."