Wednesday, July 9, 2008

100º

Dear QotD?ers,

The title of today's post was the temperature my husband had when he woke up this morning. I made him stay home and schedule a doctor's appointment.

In other news, I continued my exercise regimin last night by going to my cardio/abs/strength training class. I hadn't fully recovered from yoga on Monday night, so today my obliques(?) are making themselves known. We had meatloaf last night while watching "I Survived a Japanese Gameshow!" which is pretty funny for a reality competition. There isn't as much drama as there is focus on the rediculousness of Japanese game shows. Hai Majide!

Now for a subject that really hits home with me, causing irritation and bewilderment

Today's Question of the Day? is:
Who else is getting calls to their cell-phone about a vehicle warrenty which is about to expire and this is the last call, the last chance to renew, except you KNOW it's not, because you have no idea what vehicle or warrenty they are talking about and also because they keep on calling?
Love,
The Asker
P.S. A co-worker who recieved a bouquet of flowers last week is on vacation this week. She asked me to throw them out when they get bad. I determined this can best be managed by moving the flowers to my desk. I've gotten a lot of compliments.
.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look pretty today. Sorry that we share the planet with annoying people, but just try to think of those phone calls as a way to remind you that I look pretty.

mmnevill said...

Yoga hurts me too. I find it boring, but painful so it must be working.
No, I don't get calls for vehicle warranties. I get letters.

When are you and Justin coming up for dinner? `

Kristen said...

Anne, I will now think of you and your pearls whenever I get those phone calls.

Moo, not today! I wouldn't want to get your Addison sick.

Anonymous said...

ha! I win! I don't even HAVE a cell phone!

=P

Anonymous said...

I hope that strategy won't make me annoying. As if!!

On a very different note, Nick quit reading Magyk by Michael Scott because he thought the ExtraOrdinary Wizard was just that...Extra Ordinary. This annoyed him and so he quit reading the book. I laugh so hard. Reading must hurt more than yoga for some people!!

Anonymous said...

NO CALLS FOR ME.

although i did get calls FOREVER for a 'laqueisha hayes.'

which isn't my name, and i told them that. each time they called. which was a lot. and very annoying.

I NEED TO WORK OUT MORE, AND I NEED YOU TO MOTIVATE ME, KTHXBAI

Anonymous said...

Have not gotten any warranty call on my cell phone, but we get at least 4-5 calls on our home phone.......
One time I responded ....inquiring as to which vehicle it was that was having a warranty expire........??
They asked for my name, my phone number and the type of vehicle I drove????
and I told them that if they were calling me.......THEY SHOULD KNOW!
AHAA!??
I told them to leave me alone.
They still call me and leave messages...........
Yes, it is very annoying!

alicia said...

man, that sounds dangerous! i don't get calls of that manner. but i'll give you a fun phone story instead:
my parents' best friends while i was growing up had twin sons. their phone number was one digit away from the CrimeStoppers phone number. they got interesting calls all the time from people wanting to report their cousin or their brother-in-law for drugs or robbery or whatever. so when the boys would answer, they would take this person's story and then tell them, "okay, your check is in the mail! your confidential number is 1."

Anonymous said...

haha, no way Alicia! my home number growing up ended 5306 and the high school crimestoppers was 9306- we had the same thing happen to us! haha. on a different note, i had someone call for Larry for like a month last year- it drove me caaarraazzy!

Unknown said...

I get that call at work, actually. I talked to two guys one day about extending my warranty, only for them to tell me I had to make a decision during that call.

Ha! I don't get up in the morning without making a spreadsheet. And I let them know. They seemed frustrated that they spent 30 minutes on me.