Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gordon Shumway

Dear QotD?ers,

cuñao => 'slang' for cuñado => spanish for brother-in-law => more specifically my brother-in-law, the polyglot

One of the cable channels is doing a retro 80's prime-time programming special. That means that there were TWO HOURS OF ALF on last night. Since I had yoga class, we recorded it. When I got home, we watched an episode while we ate our lasagna. Justin was suprised that I remembered the theme song enough to sing along (it's instrumental). So was I (surprised, not instrumental)!

This morning, NPR had some news story involving a guy named Michael Brocolli. Imagine that your last name could be a food.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What would it be?
Love,
The Asker

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, my maiden name actaully meant bacon/salt pork/the fat off the back of a pig! That is pretty fun. And I like fun things, so I will choose the name Frukt. This means fruit in Norwegian.

Anonymous said...

Tami Prosciutto

Because it just sounds cool.

Anonymous said...

I think Berry. That just sounds good with my first name. Plus all berries all good for you!

Unknown said...

Matthew Steak

How much more manly can it get?

Anonymous said...

Justin Thyme. ~chuckle~

Anonymous said...

Paris HotDiggityDog!


I dont think that counts...

groovysabrina said...

Sabrina Mango Lassi.
Delicious and Nutritious!

jennifercaitlin said...

jennifer caitlin toblerone.

i've never actually HAD a toblerone, but it makes me sound so mob, dont you think?

Moana Shake said...

Annan Avocado

amanda said...

Being a foodie this is such a tough question. There's SOOO many options and I've been pondering it all day. Right now, I'm gonna go with Amanda Caponata. It sounds Italian (which I wish I had an Italian grandma who made spaghetti sauce and yelled in Italian!) and not so food-ish. I might have to change it later though.

Anonymous said...

I'm posting late, but I finally thought of one! I'd be Daryl Rodízio. It's all you can eat, but there's no walking to the buffet table since they bring it to you, preserving precious calories for the digestion of seconds, thirds, fourths and beyond. Brilliant!