Sunday, March 21, 2010

that's weird

Dear QotD?ers,

around 5:45 Justin's alarm will go off. At 5:55, My phone alarm goes off, every morning. About 5 minutes later my alarm clock will go off. If Justin is NOT out of bed and in the shower, I will grumble and push at him to get out of bed. At this point I should also be getting out of bed. should.

Friday was a lovely day for an 8th birthday and yard work. Unexpectedly, Justin had to work. So I slept in late and went to the library. Saturday was a remarkebly cold and dreary day and alltogether unsuited for yardwork. Sunday was WINDY AS ALL GET OUT, and a little chilly too. But we braved the weather and went out side to pull weeds and fertilize the lawn. Then we had dinner at my favorite restaurant (Gringo's), tried out* desk chairs at OfficeMax, watched some tv, went to church, grocery shopping and now there's chocolate chip cookies! :0 Not a bad way to end a weekend.


Today's Question of the Day? is:

What's the oddest thing you've ever found or discovered when cleaning?


Love,
The Asker
*by 'tried out' I mean we moved all the levers, maybe some spinning, and rolled around between the chair corral and the desk area.

7 comments:

Mother of Three, Anne said...

I find so many things while cleaning that go into a pile of "Needs Identification." Usually these things are tools, pieces of equipment or machinery or the broken piece of something that someone is saving for the repair. Maybe i need to think about this.

groovysabrina said...

I find lots of little plastic doo-ickies that look really important. I put them in a pile for when we find a little hole that needs a plastic doo-icky.

Tami Parker said...

I don't know if I've ever found anything really "odd" when cleaning, but I have been really surprised by the amount of money that has been in an unused winter coat pocket for YEARS and moving the couch revealed more fluffy puff ball cat toys than I thought we'd ever bought him. =]

kathleen said...

Don't think of it as odd really,
but to find a present/gift that I had bought early and forgotten about. Kind of nice surprise actually, especially if the gift is still appropriate.


I don't like finding dead bugs when cleaning, but I guess that is better than the alternative(live bugs!)

Kristen,
next time we are in Rosenberg, we need to go to Gringo's.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

I finally bought a paperback copy of "Eye of the World." I didn't love it, but was interested enough to continue with "The Great Hunt." I may be on my way to loving these books. The books are very similar to Paolini's Inheritance series, at least so far.

I still got nothing for you on the wierd things that I have found while cleaning. Maybe I should clean more!!

Jeannie said...

Not odd but wonderful, while cleaning out the garage last week, I found an insurance rebate check. It was for several hundred dollars! I had already given it up as lost and had the company put a stop on the other one and issue me a new one. I guess it slipped out of my stack of mail as I was getting out of the car! Glad to have solved the mystery of the missing check!

Kristen said...

Anne, you make your house sound very industrial.

Sabrina, it made me smile to see you find 'doo-ickies.' My family puts an h in there for doo-hickies. But saying it out loud, they sound the same. :]

TamiJean, MOAR CAT TOYS NEEDED, PLZ

Mom, oh, gifts are way better to find than bugs of any kind. I will gladly take you to Gringos!!!!

Anne, if you don't want to buy them, you can borrow them. I can put them all in a sack for my mom at Easter to pass along. (hardback or paperback?) The series will be 14 books long and a lot of people quit in the middle. But if it continues to interest you, I would love to have another buddy to talk with! Another good author, Brandon Sanderson. He's even got a children's series, http://www.brandonsanderson.com/book/Alcatraz/

2nd Mom, fantastic find!