Monday, March 29, 2010

brings to mind a strong smell of vinegar

Dear QotD?ers,

When we got home today and checked the back yard, it appears that someone came and pulled the suspect cable out an additional foot. and part of that foot that was pulled out appears to be completely stripped of major insulation. I don't know whos doing what or why, but I hope they figure it out soon so I can plant my shrubbery.

I would love to plant tomatoes, strawberries, green beans, corn, sweet potatoes, brocolli, watermellon. did I mention green beans?

Today's Question of the Day? is:
When is the last time you dyed Easter Eggs?

Love,
The Asker

6 comments:

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Probably about 13 years ago.

Tomorrow is another birthday event in our home.

groovysabrina said...

wow, yes it DOES bring to mind the smell of vinegar. When I was a little kid I used to do it every year, and I never understood the whole process, it was magical and fun and smelled like vinegar.

It has probably been 15 years or so. wow.

kathleen said...

It's been a couple of years.
When my children were smaller, we always did at least 1 dozen eggs.
Yes, the smell of vinegar does come to mind.

What about Confetti eggs?
How many of you do confetti eggs?

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Holidays can get hijacked by grandmothers. The Good Grandma used to always make the dyed eggs, but for some reason she did this without any children participating, even down to the stickers. Then Grandma Sue hijacked the egg event by providing confetti eggs.

Bob and I were projecting our role as grandparents last night. "Aww, is your dad being mean to you? Come with me and eat some chocolate ice cream in the front room and tell me the sad story about your mean dad. Oh, did you spill the ice cream on the carpet? It's okay. Just leave it. Your dad knows how to clean up messes."

I think today we will plan how to hijack holidays!!

Jessim said...

I honestly don't remember.

Jackie said...

Oh man, I cannot even remember ... I used to dye Easter Eggs every year as a kid, but it's been forever.