Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Spookaween: 3/5

Dear QotD?ers,

ET. (so much so that I preferred getting in trouble in Kindergarten and sitting in time out instead of watching the movie. Also, ET inspired one of my scariest nightmares. There was a neighbor kid in Victoria that had a stuffed ET in his pile of stuffed animals. It made me very uncomfortable). Gremlins. Goonies. Wizard of Oz. Jurassic Park. (oh yeah, dinosaurs opening doors is a terrible thing. I'm also convinced they could jump through my large bedroom window or hide in my closet.) I agree about Signs. I was irationally wary of doors with light shining through underneath. EEK. TamiJean's story wins, though. Lesse, what else... We watched Rosmary's Baby at one of my 'halloween parties' and it was more disturbing than scary. Hmm, mostly I avoid scary movies unless I'm watching them in daylight and won't be alone that night. Thanks Justin!

I wore a scarf at work today. I got a lot of looks, but come on, if you are going to keep the office that cold, deal with it. I've also realized that no one else at work has halloween candy. There are 7 pieces of candy corn and 3 handfulls of chocolate eyeballs left.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What is the most fantastic costume you've ever worn (for any reason)?

Love,
The Asker

11 comments:

Jeannie said...

I won a contest at a party once for my costume. I was 8 months pregnant with Justin and went as a witch. Black dress, bright shawl, gray-green base make-up on my face, pretend wart on my nose, blacked out tooth, fake long fingernails and a witchy wig and hat. One friend said I looked so bad/real that she had a hard time sitting next to me just to talk! The guy that won the contest was dressed as Miss Piggy complete with a pink satin dress!

kathleen said...

Years ago Martin and I went to a Halloween Costume Party and we dressed as Beauty and the Beast.
It was great fun. Martin removed
most of the costume as the party moved along. I kept on my full costume.
We are dressing up to go see the girls on Saturday. I think Martin will go as a 'cowboy' and I will go as a 'gypsy'.

groovysabrina said...

Flapper! Great fun. I can do a pretend Charleston very well!

In high school once, I wore a wig of waist-long, straight black hair complete with bangs, but on bright lipstick and wore lots of black and even my best friends didn't recognize me. That was fun, too.

I was scared of ET, too! I don't think I watched the whole thing until I was 10 or older.

Mooolissa said...

Matt and I went at the Gatekeeper and the Keymaster from Ghostbusters two years ago. I wore a long black curly wig and an orangey-red flowing thing I sort of sewed, and he wore thick rimmed glasses and a colander with wires sticking out on his head. Unfortunately, almost no one got it, so we just felt silly, even though we were very cool.

Me Again said...

Also, once at band practice on Monday night, which was halloween, Kate and the rest of the pit convinced me I would look awesome as Zorro, so I let Kate paint my eyes and faces with her mascara and used some blanket as a cape. I looked stupid. Don't trust your friends!

Jackie said...

At the children's museums on Fridays we had a choice to read a book or be the person dressed in the costume relating to the book.

I've been everything from an alligator to a raindrop, but being Miffy was, by far, the most hardcore costume I've ever worn.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ccYYV36c1N8/SXUBOXF_KyI/AAAAAAAAFcQ/BJMeq1OXT6k/s400/Tampa+007.jpg

Kristen said...

Mom-in-law, Miss Piggy? I bet that was hilarious!

Mom, did Dad have a big beastly mask on? was his costume removal part of his transformation to prince?

Sabrina, I still can't watch ET. Unless it's in spanish.

Jackie, Wow, if that's you in the Miffy, that is a SERIUOS costume. Where's the mesh screen for visual input?

kathleen said...

Yea...........that is it.....it was part of his transformation.
Yes, he had a scary type mask on.... but, basically he did not want to wear a costume!

Kristen, I know I did not intentionally let you girls watch
RoseMary's Baby. Who brought it?

That is a scary, creepy movie!

Jessim said...

I was a "wild thing" in a kindergarten play of where the wild things are. The costume was made out of butcher paper. It was green and had spots on it.

/cop out answer- but it was awesome. Butcher paper!

Jessim said...

I was a "wild thing" in a kindergarten play of where the wild things are. The costume was made out of butcher paper. It was green and had spots on it.

/cop out answer- but it was awesome. Butcher paper!

Kristen said...

Mom, it was the party with me, Daryl, Ashley and Brandon. I think I rented it. We fast forwarded through the creepy parts.

Jessi, I bet you were adorable!