Sunday, May 31, 2009

Big news and no shoes!

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I happen to have a lot of glow-in-the-dark stars that I received as Christmas Presents. I'm going to use them extensively... IN OUR NEW HOUSE! That's right, Justin and I are taking advantage of the market, the tax break, and our need to get out of this crazy town and buying a house. Closing is supposed to happen around the middle of the month, but we'll have about 6 weeks to move stuff from our apartment to our home.
Back to the point, I'm thinking the Leonids will be in the master bedroom, the guest bedroom will have the big & little dippers, the other bedroom will have some other assorted constellations and I haven't decided where I want to put my favorite constellation: Orion's belt (and the rest of him).
.
This weekend we saw the X-men: Wolverine movie. I am a huge fan of Hugh Jackman's hair in this movie. Don't tell anyone, but I snuck in some pretzle sticks!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
If work/stores/resteraunts allowed it, would you participate in National Go Barefoot Day today?
.
Hmm, I think I'll wear some flats that slip on and participate furtively!
Love,
The Asker

8 comments:

Auntie Barb said...

Definitely, I'm all about no shoes!

kathleen said...

I love going barefoot. Yes!
That would mean that all the floors
are clean, clean, clean, right?

Jeannie said...

Oh, yes! I am a barefoot girl from way back! (that was interesting reading about National Barefoot Day on the internet!)

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Young and beautiful Anne would have gleefully participated in this.

Matronly and married Anne would be much more hesitant. She would think about a family in public places, the need for a restroom, and her vast knowledge of other people's behavior and cringe and probably decide to wear shoes.

Congratulations on finding a place to hang your stars!

Jackie said...

Today's the first day of summer school and I'm having lunch with my grandparents, so I'll probably keep to wearing shoes to make an impression and such, but I would like to. My flats are pretty comfy though, so I won't complain.

groovysabrina said...

Congrats on your NEW HOUSE!! I am full of excitations! Photos soon, I hope?

I am practically barefoot every day. I'd participate depending on the location. I am afraid of some of the things I'd step in here without the minimal protection of a quarter-inch of rubber.

Tami Parker said...

Woot! Congratulations on the house!

I would probably not participate in barefoot day, much to my sadness.

I used to go barefoot all the time, but now my feet ache terribly if I do - my arches are falling, and I need support.

Jessim said...

Congratulations on the house! (I was thinking you were going to tell us about a kid... but for some reason I thought you had a house)

Hmm... I'll work barefoot today. of course, I work part time from my kitchen table, so it's not a huge deal. I am not going ice skating barefoot, however, and that's the other plan I have.

Also- even if your feet don't hurt WHILE doing it, it is not a good idea to walk from Zachary to the MSC barefoot in June, because the next day they will be covered in blisters.