Thursday, May 28, 2009

for when the lights go out

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I was so flattered to hear that I made your homepage! Now I feel like I should have a daily picture of me smiling and waving to you or something.
My home homepage is hotmail. My work homepage is the corporate intranet site. that's right, intranet.
I finished up most of the laundry tonight, which included some ironing. But it went by really fast and I was surprised. Perhaps it was because I was watching the 2 hour season premeir of So You Think You Can Dance. I haven't finished it yet, so don't tell me anything!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
If you had a lot of glow-in-the-dark stars and a tall person to help you adhere them to the ceiling, what patterns would you chose? random? constilations? your own connect the dots? something else entirely?
.
Love,
The Asker

7 comments:

kathleen said...

Having done two rooms, both with vaulted ceilings.........I would say random!
Can you still buy the glow in the dark stars/moon?

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Wait! We DO have glow-in-the-dark stars and I have TWO tall people. I have played this game before!!

(Oh, wait!! Funny story!! Mr. Ken was in Hong Kong last week and went to dinner with all his Chinese counterparts. One of the ladies there said, "You are very much like my father. He also was quite tall, like you." Mr. Ken!! Quite tall!!)

Jessica choose random patterns. Her alarms clock has a night light feature that sprays stars up on the ceiling, so it is extra fun in her room.

The boys have a moon that glows as well and Nick's alarm clock projects the time and a Bat Signal up/out. The moon got a special spot, but the stars are also random in their room.

Me, personally? Well, when I really think about it, the tall people in my life would force me into plan C. One of the giants would make me configure proper spacing in a scaled pattern for constellations and thus make it more complicated than it should be. The other would not listen or follow instructions and just slap a bunch of stars up there so he can text some chick something that he thinks will be thought of as funny and endearing.

Can't blame either of them. Best just to get a ladder and do it myself.

groovysabrina said...

Random!

Tami Parker said...

I would choose random. Although I think it would be an interesting experiment to try and recreate the constellations and sky from my favorite season or something, it would end up being a lot of work and I've never really been interested in astronomy. Random. =]

AggieEngineer2k the Astrogazer said...

I'd totally want to borrow someone's constellation projector to help place the objects; starting with the planets, then working positively through the magnitudes.

Focal point would probably need to be on the pillows, so it would look right as you're falling asleep.

Jessim said...

I LOVE those things. I'd go with random pattern on the ceiling to be honest.

Jackie said...

It would be really exciting to be able to make constellation patterns, but much easier to make random ones. But, for my answer, northern hemisphere constellations.