Sunday, May 17, 2009

open the door, get on the floor, everybody do the dinosaur

Dear QotD?ers,
.
The last wedding I went to was today! It was an outdoor wedding and a beautiful day for it. Also, there were reece's pieces. I loved those so much.
.
Most people who use the internet realize that TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS ESSENTIALLY YELLING AND CAN BE CONSIDERED RUDE, OR AT LEAST HARD TO READ WHEN USED FOR ENTIRE PARAGRAPHS. AM I RIGHT? IF YOU ARE STILL USING ALL CAPS WHEN WRITING E-MAILS OR POSTINGS ON THE INTERNET, stop, it makes you look ignorant of internet manners. I bring this up because there are many realtors that will post their listing descriptions IN ALL CAPS! GREAT BREAKFAST NOOK! COZY FIREPLACE FOR THOSE COLD NIGHTS! MELT AWAY YOUR STRESS IN THE GARDEN TUB! 1) since when does Houston have cold nights that require a fireplace? 2) don't use exclamation points so much. It reads like a puppy describing his love for BACON!
.
Anyway, we are still in the process of this house thing. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we make the biggest financial decision of our life thus far.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Looking at your CD (or digital download) collection, what are the three artists of which you have the most ?
.
Love,
The Asker

10 comments:

The Minears said...

George Strait, Roger Creager, and Pat Green. Our iTunes list is pretty crazy, though, because John got a bunch of music from a couple of his friends so we have quite a selection now, ranging from Metallica to Madonna to Martina McBride. (Like the alliteration?)

kathleen said...

George Strait, Andrea Bocelli, and.........DeSoto High School Band concerts.
We are quite the collectors........
That last one was a stretch, but true.
Today is supposed to be another beautiful day. The weather has been gorgeous!

Tami Parker said...

Ahahahahaha *coughsnorfle* Your description of house listings is SO spot on. You'll be gratified to know that it's the exact same way here in Wisconsin. Though we actually DO have the cold nights and the fireplaces. Not all houses have air conditioners, though. Apparently our Texas-inspired terror of summers without air conditioners is abnormal up here.

Good luck on your house hunting, madam! *hugs*

My music tastes range to the point of absurdity. The artists I own the most of were all inherited from a friend's collection, as The Minears mentioned, so you can't really go by sheer bulk and find my favorites.

Jessim said...

Roger Creager, Pat Green, U2.

Our collection is pretty dated though- almost nothing new since college.

And for the record, don't really like U2 that much. It's all Kevin's.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

By most, you must mean greatest number.

Weird Al
The Beatles (although if we could actually FIND all of the Beatles albums that we own, they would surely win)
The Red Elvises
OkGo
Led Zeppelin

Also high on the list...
Willie Nelson
Johnny Cash
Glenn Gould

Kristen, Neither you nor Justin seem likely to make a bad financial decision. It is rather overwhelming, but think "home" and "a place to grow." The cabinets and floors and countertops can all be replaced and the landscape can be redone. Think "home."

AggieEngineer2k said...

All Vocal Trance...
· Cascada· DJ Encore· Armin van BuurenCurrently on our most played thing:
The Slap-Chop Rap*

*See the Asker for details.

Kristen said...

Angela, you should get some awesome Japanese music to further envelope yourself in the culture ;]

Mom, I feel famous. That DeSoto HS band used to be pretty wonderful, if I say so myself.

Tamijean, what genre would you say wins?

Jessi, what's with everyone liking country music so much? I'm one of the few Aggies that never bought into that much.

Anne, I love your list. and thank you for the encouragement.

husband, you are a weird robot, but I still love you. Stop having a boring tuna.

groovysabrina said...

This is a difficult question since I haven't downloaded any music since I left the States! So, my outdated answer is probably: Death Cab for Cutie, Bruce Springsteen, and Norah Jones. I also have a lot of Gypsy Kings and Beatles!

Tami Parker said...

As a genre, I suppose I'd go with country. I go on kicks where I download a lot of another genre, but I nibble constantly at country songs.

It's Eurovision time again, in case you missed it, Miss KristenSue!

Mother of Three, Anne said...

The Asker,

You are missing the best parts of the music collection. There are children's songs and stories, polka tunes, a Simpsons CD, bassoon solos and Steve Martin comedy routines.

Aggie Engineer,

Sometimes I think you make things up! Now I have to google these things and gain new knowledge! This makes me annoyed because I believe that you, too, along with my husband, have been watching hours of the NASA channel and checking out the tools that are being used on the space walks. So imagine how irritated I am when I find myself at 4:30 in the morning alert and anticipating the song that will wake up the astronauts today!!! New knowledge!! BAH!!!