Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tommorroww I will be doing good.

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I had a long, lovely holiday weekend with some good friends in a completely different state. As in: Colorado instead of Texas. As in: I Saw Snow instead of Turn On the AC. I'm really greatful that Justin and I have these sorts of friends and also that we can travel to see them.
Some of you are now thinking, "Well, how come you haven't come to visit me yet?" I don't have a good answer, but perhaps we should look at our calendars and consider a few weekends we both have free. I know an "anytime" does not hold us to an obligation, no matter how wonderful that obligation will be. We still have 2 weddings and a family reunion this summer and some other assorted events taking up weekends, so send me an e-mail and we can get serious!
.
This vacation had a downside. ok, well two. one was a live tick I discovered crawling between my 1st and 2nd layer of clothing. Two was getting home at midnight and having to get up at 6am. Today was hard. But it's over! And tonight we will definatley get to sleep at an earlier time. hooray!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Do my misspellings and gramatical errors bother you?
.
Love,
The Asker (tick free)

9 comments:

The Minears said...

Misspellings and grammatical errors annoy me in general, but I have come to accept that not everyone is as in love with grammar as I.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Glad you had a great weekend.

One of my shortcomings in life is the English language, specifically grammar and spelling. In this home, Nick is the go-to man for spelling. It is a brain defect for sure. Poor Nick.

SOOOO, I find it reassuring, humorous and endearing that you also struggle with the English language.

groovysabrina said...

Some things in life are not worth my energy in irritation. Grammatical mistakes are an example. Unless it is a publication. Then I can get annoyed.

Speaking of ticks, I had a chigger attack last week. I was in the woods with a forester, who said, in perfect English, "Welcome to the jungle!" He was pleased with my "baptism." I was not so excited, though I tried to be strong and not squeal. I did squeal once.

Glad you had a nice trip.

Tami Parker said...

They always bother me a tiny bit, but depending on the source, I mostly ignore them. If they're from a source that I think SHOULD pay attention to and care about that sort of thing, then I make fun of them and share the example with nearby friends

AggieEngineer2k said...

Whut mispelings?

Those ticks were pretty creeptacular.

And we beat last night's bedtime by about 30 minutes... =/

Mother of Three, Anne said...

TamiJean reminds me.....

Way back in the 1980's my bank passed someone else's $650.00 check through my account and created a small catastrophe for me. After many weeks, the bank finally wrote a letter to me and various stores apologizing for the error and claiming responsibility. The letter had capitals in the the middle of sentences, misspelled words, and terrible punctuation. I framed it and hung it over my toilet for YEARS!!!! It was hilarious because it was so poorly constructed that you almost HAD to think it was a joke!!

Jessim said...

It depends on what they are in. In formal life, yes. Online- it depends if they are minor mistakes or just lazy writing.

Kristen said...

Angel-A, that love fits in well with your English degree.
Thanks, Anne!
Sabrina, Did you have clear nail polish along on your trip? chiggers are terrrrible.
TJSQ, you are always welcome to share my hilariousness with your friends, though I'm definately an un-serious source.
Husband, plz to kill all my bugz 4 me.
Jessi, me=lazy!

kathleen said...

Heavens, no. I accept it as part of you. :)
In formal situations, it is not acceptable, but informally...it is okay.
Some words that cause me to ponder are:
tomorrow, mirror, acommodations, definite,........