Thursday, May 7, 2009

I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THE SLAP CHOP!

Dear QotD?ers,
.
They are making us swap to Office 2007 at work (have been using Office 2003). I have been very hesitant to swap since I have lots of spreadsheets and models that I'm afraid won't work! So I have done nothing. And I haven't said anything about while I'm visiting the IT hallway. And every once in a while I'll ask Justin "They won't make me swap, will they?" with fear in my voice. In the meantime, my computer has come up for replacement. and it's arrived. and all the new computers will have Office 2007. At one point there were 4 people from the IT department in my office as we discussed a program that I'll need to have on my new computer, but don't take my old computer away until budget season is over. Ok, they'll store it in a safe place. But, why can't I store it in my cabinet and lock it up, please? The story ends with me being assured that Monday I'll have three computers in my office. My old desktop, my new desktop, and the laptop I use for one of my Monday tasks. I am going to feel awesome. And extremely important.
.
My phone is red and black! sporty!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What is your favorite feature about your current home?
.
Love,
The Asker!
.
P.S. home does not necessarily mean house. Please talk about your apartment, condo or cardboard box

5 comments:

kathleen said...

The feature that impressed me when we were buying our house was the Master Bathroom. It was large, had a large tub and a shower and 2 walk in closets. I loved the window as well. I still love our bathroom and would want the same
if we build/buy another home.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

What I love most about our home are the personal features that were added.

Between Jessica's bedroom closet and the hallway closet, there is a little "doorway." It has been used for hide and seek, spying, silliness and terrifying. That was Bob's idea to have it put in, by the way.

Also we have two bricks from our old home that were put into the back wall on this home. I love seeing them there.

And the playground. That is awesome.

In more general terms, we choose this floorplan because is is open and spacious with little wasted space and lots of sunshine.

If I could change things for the better...I would have liked to have known we were going to have another kid, so that we could have had more bedrooms...just one more would be fine. I also would like a utility room about the size of Rhode Island, so I have enough room for ironing, sewing, storage, hanging, folding, sorting.

Jeannie said...

I like the TV room upstairs. The colors are vibrant and the setting peaceful. I just like to be in that room reading or watching TV. As far as construction features, I like that space is not wasted.

groovysabrina said...

Balcony.

If I had a green thumb, I would plant some greenery and herbs to liven it up a bit. My dream is to have fresh basil and other things.

You will LOVE Office 2007.

TamiJean said...

I love the layout, and our nonstandard use of it.

The living room area is bright and sunshiny and open - that's our office, since we spend most of our time there.

The smaller bedroom only has a single window - that's our movie room / the cat's bedroom. It shares no walls with neighbors and we hide the tv in the closet. GREAT acoustics.

I love that we spend most of our home time in the bright, open area of the "living" room most of all.

Good luck on the software migration, KristenSue!