Monday, May 18, 2009

What to wear....

Dear QotD?ers,
. (Updated from original posting: added Choice #9)
(Todays is a long one, so be prepared) (also, the spacing gets weird because Blogger is not a WYSIWYG)
.
You should probably know the #1 group in my collection: The Beatles. #2: Dave Matthews Band. #3: Juanes. Seriously. My brother-in-law (Cuñao) went to Spain for a year and came back with all this latin pop music. I may not remember much of my high school spanish, but I know that Juanes makes some pretty dancy songs.
.
You know how I keep talking about green shoes? I am making an official announcement. If you pass by a ShoeCarnival store and are inclined to go inside to look.. Brand : Soda (light green boxes), Style : Hairdo-S, Color : green (not tobacco or black), size : 7, location in store : clearance section in back (I don't know why, because the 'tobacco' ones are still with the rest of the shoes). Buy them, send me an e-mail so I can confirm that you are the first (if for some odd reason a couple of you buy me shoes in one day), and I'll have you mail them to me, then I will cut you a check and send you a gift!
.
You may not remember that thes shoes were my '10lb weight loss goal, hooray!' I have officially reached my 15lb weight loss goal, the reward of which is 'Nerd Tshirt.'

.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Of the following shirts, what are your top choice(s)?
or
Do you have any suggestions for my Nerd Shirt?
or
Both of the above

Choice #1
Dinosaurs are fun













Choice #2: great for time travel or long lines at an amusement park




Choice #3: another Pi shirt




Choice #4: another chemistry shirt





Choice #5: a math shirt

Choice #6: a Rube Goldberg, also, it makes toast!







Choice #7: It's from a video game. In particular, from the closing credits song sung by the artificially intelegent testing computer. Aperture Laboratories, We do what we must, because we can. (with logo)
.
Choice #8: Another Pi Shirt. A conversation between numerical representatives
.
Choice #9: Another Chemistry shirt. radioactive elements glow-in-the dark. I'm not really a fan of this particular medicine pill themed design, so if you know of another version, please let me know.

.
Loooooove,
The Asker

14 comments:

Kristen said...

I don't know if you guys are looking at this on the website, but it is spaced godawful. sorry about that.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Drats!! I think the answer might truly be to GAIN a TON of weight and then lose all the weight so you can get ALL those T-shirts!!


I am glad that you don't construct the TAKS tests!! I can't even use process of elimination on this question!

kathleen said...

Ahhhhhhh!
MY favorite shirt would be "Think outside the Quadrilateral Parallelogram" I do teach 7th grade math.
I think you MIGHT go with the 3.14% of sailors are PI Rates. I know you love PI.
I really find all the shirts very clever and I agree with Anne that you should get all the shirts.
Please do NOT gain a ton of weight though.......

groovysabrina said...

ha!
My faves:
Solution/Precipate (~giggle again~)
RAWR!
Pi Rates

My old roomate once bought a t-shirt that said I ♥ NERDS. I liked that one a lot, too.

Congrats, Asker for meeting your goals!

Kristen said...

Anne, thanks for nothin'! Please have your kids vote.

Mom, I still like your Triscadecaphobia shirt :]

Sabrina, I actually own an 'I ♥ NERDS' shirt. I got it from Target during my last semester of college. This one time as I was walking to the engineering building, I passed by a professor-type guy and he said "Me too!"

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Look! You are the one who asked the impossible question!! I like your question about as much as you like my answer!

I tired getting Nick's opinion already. The short on that is Nick does not have nerd humor, as he just found it all annoying. I told him that I will officially disown him this afternoon.

I will ask Jake and report back soon. Lucky for you, he has nerd humor!

Moo said...

Go to nocollars.com. They have some funny shirts for nerds.

Jessim said...

I would go with the time travel or the pi one.

I don't like the parallelogram one, and I don't like the solution/precipate one (it's funny, but that layout is not cute).

Have you seen the periodic table of the elephants? I'm not sure it's in shirt form, but it's something you would like.

Tami Parker said...

Of the ones you posted, I think I like the RAWR one the best, although it was a very difficult choice.

However, I want to add a new one to the mix : http://store.xkcd.com/xkcd/#StandBackScience

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Jake said that for HIM, the choice is the glow-in-the-dark periodic table. FOR YOU, the choice is the toaster. He also really liked the time travel shirt for you.

Reasoning....."the math shirts are funny, but not really anything unique."

Jessica will have to vote after school, but let's be honest. They only one that she will like is the dinosaur one because none of the others will make sense.

My doctor's appointment just got cancelled.

ô¿õ AggieEngineer2k said...

Here are my choices with emoticons of how I would pose wearing each one.
1. RAWR! :B
2. Time Travel 8D
3. Stand Back! =O

amanda said...

congratulations! I like the dinosaur shirt and the second pi shirt (the irrational/get real). I do like the precipate but I agree that they layout it a little funky.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Jessica votes for the "green one." The solution/precipitate shirt.

Nick followed with Choice #1, the dinosaur shirt.

There was no agreement in my family, so I hope that they were somehow more helpful than I was.

Nick says nerds are not funny. Nick has Bob's brain.

Stacy Drake said...

I want to know how you had 15 pounds to lose!

Anywoo... I don't understand any of those shirts, because, I am not a nerd.