Sunday, May 10, 2009

I hope you can't answer this from experience

Dear QotD?ers,
.
This weekend was the 10-year anniversary celebration of Percussion Studio. Many former members all turned up to see the spring show. It was so great to see everyone and I love seeing a Percussion Studio show. There was a very unfortunate 'first' that night. The current Pres, while playing his trashcan-lid cymbals and jumping around with intense awesomeness, fell, at a horribly wrong angle, on a step. I think he broke leg/ankle bones in three places and now has a titanium rod and pin. That is one man who will go down in Percussion Studio history. Say some prayers for him, because he still has some finals left.
.
Now for some happier news. I finished a book this afternoon that had a happy ending. Also, I posted my April update to my livejournal.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Which would be more difficult to adapt to: a cast on your leg or a cast on your arm?
.
Love,
The Asker

8 comments:

kathleen said...

Yikes! Almost equally awful, but I would have to go with the leg. Walking/driving would be a big nuisance/adaptation. Having a cast on your arm would be awkward, especially if it were your writing hand, but I will still go with the leg.
I will keep him in my prayers.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

I think a broken arm might be more difficult. Too many of my daily tasks require my arms and hands.

Nick bought and finished the fifth Percy Jackson book this weekend. He says it is awesome.

Ouch! I hope Percussion Prez gets some good rest and recovery before he heads back for finals.

groovysabrina said...

oh man, I agree with Kathleen. Both would be terrible. I would lose more self-sufficiency (walking) with a broken leg, but I imagine I could still do many daily activities fine, like eating and working. I think that would be easier to adapt to.

Tami Parker said...

The leg would be awful, but I think I'd have a harder time adjusting to an arm. Even if it was my left arm, which I have spent the last twenty-some-odd years training to be stupid.

*warm wishes for the poor PS member with the broken bits AND the finals!*

AggieEngineer2k said...

While an arm cast would complicate working and other daily tasks, it would be a heckuva lot easier to shower with!

Jessim said...

I think leg. I've had a cast on my arm, and it's not that annoying. Writing is nearly impossible, but typing can still happen. If it doesn't have an elbow bend (mine did) you can even drive normally.

Jackie said...

Yeah, I would have to go with a leg cast being more difficult. While things would be difficult with an arm cast, things like driving and, as Justin said, showering would be even more difficult. The guy who broke his leg, for instance, lives on the third floor of his apartment building and is now probably going to have stay in a hotel, while not driving, is going to have to walk across the stage with a leg cast, and may not get to go on his post-graduation trip to Europe.

I would manage with crummy handwriting and an awkward stance for a little while rather than give those things up.

Jeannie said...

I could deal with the broken arm, but a broken leg would require a major lifestyle change!
Sorry to hear about your friend's accident. Hope all goes well for him.