Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"It was like being in a Final Fantasy Game"

Dear QotD?ers,
.
The Olympic closing ceremonies were Sunday. I missed the and asked a co-worker how they were. His response is the title of today's post. I went to the NBC website last night and figured out how to watch their Olympic videos, so I watched the hours worth of closing ceremonies footage. favorite part: JACKIE CHAN!
.
BREAKING NEWS: Hurricane Gustav!
He won't hit for another two weeks, anywhere between the Florida panhandle and Mexico... So, um, get your hurricane kits ready?
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
With all the science fiction out there, what/who is your favorite alien?
.
Love,
The Asker
.

11 comments:

Kristen said...

ALF

Tami Parker said...

Valentine Michael Smith

Anonymous said...

Spock

jennifercaitlin said...

EVIE FROM OUT OF THIS WORLD!

man, i loved that show.

her dad was in the CUBE.

blew my mind.

Anonymous said...

Either Nessus of Ringworld or Lt. Worf of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Jerry from Sphere was also a pretty awesome extraterrestrial.

groovysabrina said...

I thought of a lot of good aliens, some wise, some sophisticated. But none as funny or cool as ALF. So he wins.

Anonymous said...

THE HYPNOTOAD.

Anonymous said...

Bob reminds me how much I loved "Q" from Star Trek: The Next Generation. He was so arrogant and condenscendig and he could travel in any dimension! "Q" was great, but he lacked the Vulcan pinch!

Let me hear the gasps....I have never in my life seen an episode of ALF.

groovysabrina said...

gasp!

Anonymous said...

It's a toss up between ALF and ET
but I think ALF wins.......
he was hilarious!

alicia said...

i'm going to go with sally or the older (really weird) "son" from Third Rock From the Sun. i kiknda think his name was harry.....?

anyway, i always did think that show was clever. and i DO love alf a lot, but i don't remember him quite as clearly as the 3rd Rock people.