Wednesday, August 20, 2008

red is for danger

Dear QotD?ers,
.
It's raining outside and I'm in all-day training. But we take a 10 minute break as part of every hour. We've only gotten through 10 pages of our 115 page workbook and we started at 7am. It's moving a little slow for my taste, but it's Safety training, so I shan't complain. What I will complain about is the lack of donuts for a training class that starts 30 minutes earlier than regular work, meaning I couldn't ride the van this morning, and also that I had to wake up early.
.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
If you could have convinced Noah to leave behind a species or genus, which would you have chosen?
.
.
Love,
The Asker

7 comments:

Kristen said...

OK, so you can branch out beyond genus.

I chose the Order of Araneae.

Anonymous said...

Mosquitos!!!

I would be half tempted to leave off all the insects, but I really just hate the mosquitos and roaches. I find the rest of the insects to be very interesting and fun...oh, except for the cave crickets. I want them gone as well. Mosquitos, roaches and cave crickets. But mostly mosquitos.

Do you think that if a family were to play 35 drums very loudly that mosquitos would leave the surrounding area??

groovysabrina said...

Cockroaches. Order Blattaria. Blegh.

amanda said...

I agree with Anne! Mosquitos are the worst. I can deal with cockroaches because I can kill them with a shoe or fly swatter, but mosquitos you can't see til they bite you and then the bite itches for DAYS! I hate it.

alicia said...

my first thought was mosquitoes, too. although i'm not entirely convinced that noah *collected* mosquitoes in the first place... i'm pretty sure the little boogers just hopped on board, unwanted as usual. so for originality, i would also like to not have any snakes. i'm sure a biologist would argue that snakes play a vital role in our ecosystem, but i still don't like them.

Anonymous said...

Fire ants. LET EM DROWN!

Anonymous said...

all insects
especially mosquitoes
then chiggers
then fire ants
then roaches