Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yes, Yes I do. Let me count the ways.

Dear QotD?ers,
.
That was a weekend! I always wish they would last longer. Good news, the library is open again - It had been closed since Hurricane Ike. I have two books to read, hooray! Bad news, the cute green shoes I really wanted to get were not in stock at the local Shoe Carnival. If you happen to be at one, and see cute leather flats with an uneccesarily large buckle on the toe, and the style is 'Hairdo-S', and they have a 7 1/2 in green, please get them for me. I will pay for the shoes and shipping. They are adooorable.
.
Anyway, I can't believe I'm excited about shoes. That is not a thing I usually get excited about.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Do you like corn?
.
Love,
The Asker

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corn is okay. Not one of my favorite foods. I have uttered the statement, "I love avacados more than I love my children" on a number of occassions. I would NEVER say that about corn.

groovysabrina said...

I do believe I am partly made of corn. This is because my family in the midwest grows sweet corn, and during the summer, they subsist on it. Corn season is a huge deal for my family! I spent a lot of time as a child in cornfields.

And so, a very emphatic YES, I love corn.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE corn.

I have long been known to try a recipe and immediately utter "this could use more corn."

This ranges from Macaroni and cheese, beef stew, chicken soup, pizza, and quesadillas.

LOVE corn.

Auntie Barb said...

I have always loved corn. My Nanny and Papa always had a big corn field that Jeannie and I helped pick and shuck and cream and put up in the freezer and then my Papa and I would have a contest who could eat the most corn on the cob at dinner. I do believe he let me win, but maybe not, I seemed to be able to put away 6-8 cobs. I like it best cooked on the grill where it gets really carmelized. I love any kind of corn product, even hominy.

Anonymous said...

When I asked Jacob this morning is he liked corn, he asked me to specifiy if I meant the vegetable or the band.

Jacob loves corn! He says it is not only tasty, but you can use the cob to make art!! Or a pipe, if you are a smoker, but definitely art!

TamiJean,

Corn on pizza?? Seriously?? I worry about you sometimes!!

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

Your shoes sound adorable!

And, yes, corn is my favorite vegetable. I like it on the cob, from a can both regular and cream style, in casseroles, and my very favorite way to have it is fried. Have you had corn nuggets from Chicken Express? Yuum.

(Browning reference?)

Anonymous said...

I love corn. My favorite way to have corn is roasted from the vendors at the county fair or flee markets! Yum..I would walk a long way to get good ear of roasted corn!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do. Buttered corn,
Corn on the cob, corn in corn bread, corn in corn chips and let's not forget POPCORN!

Anonymous said...

@Anne,

And peas, too!

Pizza is incredibly flexible. <3