Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I don't want to miss out on the tasteyness

Dear QotD?ers,
.
The last birthday 'party' I attended was for my older brother. The last party that had cake was Justin's. the last party that was actually a full out party was my younger brother. There was a giant cookie cake. I love birthdays. I really enjoy the big hoopla and all the positive attention that the birthday person should get. I will be one of those moms that always throws their kid a birthday party. Even if it's just a sleepover with pizza and a talent show. But I will make sure my kid wins the talent show, Mom!
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Will you remind me that we have watermellon in the fridge that we need to eat? thanks. Whatever method you choose is fine.
.
Love,
The Asker

5 comments:

amanda said...

yummy! don't forget the salt!

Anonymous said...

How do you forget something like that??

Another big birthday month is September. I can count eleven people that I know have a September birthday...which is why I can never remember the exact date of of your birthday, Kristen! I know it is about the 20th and I don't think it is 19, but it could be 21.

See?? birthdays...hard to remember. Watermelon...just go eat it up!!

Anonymous said...

A cautionary tale about birthdays....

We have a problem with imagination in our home. It currnetly involves the power to be invisible, vampires and werewolves.

But once upon a time, when Nick was a four year old, birthdays were part of imaginary fun. Nick and I would pretend it was his birthday all the time. We had birthday cereal, birthday pie, birthday tacos. Candles were a must. We would take toys and wrap them up so that he could open them. Sometimes we even invited friends over for his birthday party.

As it got near his fifth birthday, he asked me one day. " Mom, am I turning eight this year?"

"Eight? Are you crazy? Eight? Honey, you are only four today."

"Yeah, but I have had so many birthdays, I thought I might be older already."

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen!
Don't forget the watermelon!!

kathleen said...

Hey Kristen..............
are you still thinking about that talent show..........
that you didn't win..........

If I had known the distress you would feel after all these years, I would have made sure you won! ;)
Love you lots and lots,
MOM