Sunday, March 29, 2009

not the game? that's a lame title.

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Friday night we went to a hockey game. It was me and Justin's first ever. We had a great time eating cotton candy, heckling hockey players, watching kids mock the dancing girls, watching little kids playing hockey. Hockey is probably the most exciting professional sport game I've been to. Way more than baseball and basketball. I haven't been to a soccer game yet, so that's next. But I would say that all of you should go to a hockey game.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What are the different kinds of squash you've had?
.
Love,
The Asker

6 comments:

kathleen said...

I love squash. I've had yellow , white, zucinni, and spaghetti squash. I've had it 'stewed', fried, baked. I've had it steamed with salt/pepper, with other veggies, baked, and in a casserole. Fresh yellow squash is good fresh with a veggie dip as well.
We have yellow squash planted in our garden and I can't wait until we have some fresh squash.

Jackie said...

Mm. I wasn't sure that I liked squash until Matthew sliced some up and fried it. Since then I've tried yellow squash and zucinni, but nothing, in my book, beats fried squash!

TamiJean said...

Yellow and Zucchini here.

=]

Yummy fried up in some olive oil and salt!

Cuñao said...

I LOVE squash!
Yellow squash, pumpkin, zucchini, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, butternut squash, it's all so good! My fav is probably baked butternut squash.

Glad y'all enjoyed the game. Sabrina likes hockey games, too.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Acorn
Butternut
Autumn Cup
Spaghetti
Banana
Kabocha (Japanese variety)
Pumpkins
Yellow Summer
Zucchinis
Scallop Squashes

I also plant the yellow summer squash, along with pumpkins, although I lost both of those last year to the squash bug.

Breaded and fried is yummy, but I like them baked and buttered as well. Love acorn squashes baked and buttered.

Jeannie said...

I too have eaten lots of different kinds of squash..yellow squash, pumpkin, zucchini, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, and butternut squash. Weight Watchers introduced me to using spaghetti squash instead of pasta with meat sauce. Unfortunately my favorite is the zucchini planks, breaded in panko bread crumbs and fried at a restaurant in Houston...oh, yum!