Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pie!

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I don't know that I have a preference based on the animal, but I do have alpaca wool socks - so I choose alpaca.
.
This past Saturday was Pi Day. For math enthusiats, it's a great excuse to eat pie on March 14th.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Did you eat pie on Pi Day?
.
Yes! We had 'fronteir pie' for dinner (imagine chicken pot pie, but steak, beans, corn and tomato with cornbread) and apple pie for dessert. and I wore my pi shirt and pi earings. PI TASTIC!
.
Love,
The Asker

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was quite possibly the rainiest Pi Weekend in recent memory.

Lets see... I had ½·π radians of frontier pie, and ¼·π radians of your appley-oat pie.

You sure do look pretty in π. =)

Anonymous said...

No, no pie on pi day,
but I did have pie yesterday 3.15
It was buttermilk pie and delicious!

groovysabrina said...

also a no for me. I could really use some good pie, though. Your frontier pie sounds delicious. Did you guys make it yourselves?

I have a pi shirt that has a big π on the front and on the back it says "Get your own piece."

Anonymous said...

@ groovysabrina...

Yep, we sure did! I'll send Daryl the recipe on Facebook. And Kristen made her pie all by herself.

Also, I am interested in hearing more about the STEM High School you went to when we meet up next!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm.Pie.

I believe on pi day, I fed a tableful of teenage boys pancakes for breakfast, sammiches for lunch and then I think I hid in a closet for a long time. Once I thought it was safe, I came out only to find that there new teenagers replacing the ones that had left.

On Friday, I bought four CASES of sodas to last through spring break and Jessica's recuperation from a tonsilectomy. On Saturday at 1 pm, all sodas were gone!!! Even all the ginger ale!

I guess somewhere in my head I knew it was March 14th, but I was scared and confused. Was that really me that agreed to let four teenage boys spend the night???