Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Years! 3/3

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Yesterday was a very cold day for me. My feet were hopelessly cold and I was looking forward to my hot shower. But the first few minutes were painful, due to the vast temperature difference between the water and my feet. For those of you that live in a place with perpetual snow and would laugh at my 'winter' coat, I know - I would never make it in your climate.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What did you do for New Year's Eve?
.
My younger brother and his girlfriend came down for a visit. We went to the Aggie @Rice basketball game (some very controversial calls). We stayed at the apartment all evening having snacks, watching tv specials (Mylie!) Cuñao y GroovySabrina came over and we played some games and had banana pudding ice cream. She had to leave early, but the rest of us stayed up and had real sparkling wing 'champagne' at midnight. Then it turned into a sleep-over and there were pancakes for breakfast.
.
Love,
The Asker

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We didn't do anything special - stayed home and played Warcraft till I got tired, then I went to sleep.

That's never been a holiday I celebrate in the traditional way - I'm not much of a partier. =]

Anonymous said...

Since I was in my teens, I have always celebrated New Years at home, usually reading.

This year, the boys encouraged me to go read in bed and get comfortable, which I mistook for kindness and compassion. Just a bit before midnight, there was a HUGE explosion from the backyard that shook the house and sounded quite frightful. As I entered the living room, Bob, Jacob and Nick came scurrying inside the house laughing delightedly. Nick just kept saying "AWESOME!!"

I cannot get a confirmation, let alone an acknowledgement of what I am talking about, from those three. But evidence points to a massive loading of a metal cylinder placed over the firepit with fireworks and firecrackers.

I have always stayed home so that I could avoid stupid behavior that was reckless and irresponsible. Now where will I spend New Year's Eve??

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like fun. We invited Kaylee and Jake to come spend the night and had Danny's parents, Evelyn, his sister, and his cousin Kaye and her son (with two of his friends) over to have snack foods with a viewing of Kung Fu Panda, which we all enjoyed (except Jake, for he went to bed). As none of us are night owls, we broke up around 10, pretending that it was already midnight and saying Happy New Year. I can't remember the last time we saw in the New Year. I am really getting old!

groovysabrina said...

First I was home. Then I went to Daryl's family's house. Daryl and his dad made 7-layer dip. Then we went to Kristen & Justin's and ate that dip! Fun games and good company. Then I went home to drink champagne with my parents to bring in the new year.

Anonymous said...

We had both of our little grand daughters over and celebrated
New Year's Eve with New York!
The girls decorated the family room
all afternoon.........it was very festive......a princess theme.
Probably one of our best parties.......definitely the most memorable!

amanda said...

I went over to Anne and Brian, friends from HS, and just hung out and watched some crazy people I didn't know play waaaay to many rounds of beer pong! Special guests that night included: Jesse Mattox (!) who drove up from Houston when we decided at 9:30 that night he should come up, and Alicia and Paris! Hooray!