Monday, January 26, 2009

Book -> Movie

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I need to get a better handle on my posting time. Yesterday there were cupcakes for breakfast, but I saved mine for dessert after lunch. Then my off-site meeting ended a little early and I was home before it got dark outside! That's a really nice schedule.
This morning there was thick frost on the windshield. brrrr
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Is there a book you'd like to see as a movie?
.
I'm sure there are. I think Disney should do some more fairy tales, and not necessarily princess ones. Hansel & Grettle, any of the Grimm stories that involves an unfortunate tailor wandering in the forest but then saving a princess on top of the crystal mountain. I'd really like to see how they would develop a 1 1/2 hour movie from a 15 minute story.
I would also like to see more Michael Crinchton novel based movies (Prey)
.
Love,
The Asker

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lorna Doone
I don't think it has been made into a movie.....
I need to re read that book........

Auntie Barb said...

Did you see Brother's Grimm? With Heath Ledger? It was kind of this mixed up Grimm fairy tales but it was interesting and funny at times. I love to read, but nothing comes to mind specifically about any of them being good movies. I am sure many would be. But I am a hopeless romantic so it would have to be a romantic drama or comedy!

mmnevill said...

The Wheel of Time books would be awesome to see in live action, but it is simply not possible to even begin to make even the first movie. Too much information. I also really really like the Dark is Rising series. I know they attempted to make a movie of one of the books, but changed so many elements that it just did not work out. I don't think they will make more.