Friday, December 18, 2009

WAFFLES

Dear QotD?ers,

That's what I'm trying to have for breakfast this morning, waffles. We don't have a toaster, so I"m trying to crisp them up under the broiler. That should work, right?
I have determined that today is going to be a very productive day. Errends and ironing and decorating. Errends looks like it's spelt all sort of wrong. But that is not what this blog is for! This blog is to tell you that I am no good at using a broiler and I had to pull a Lucy Ricardo and scrape the char off of my waffles!

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What do you use the broiler for?

To answer yesterday's question: I'd love to say something fun like the kazoo, but I want to be a little more serious in my National Anthem sometimes. I don't know that there are any instruments that are distinctly American, but the electric guitar comes close - and it plays a meeean national anthem.

Love,
The Asker

10 comments:

AggieEngineer2k said...

Flank/skirt steak for fajitas (before we had a grill), tortilla strips for chips, cimnmananinain toast... and that's about it.

Not Waffles.

lolz@"I command zombie ninjas. Are they zinjas? Are they nombies? I don't know!"

Jackie said...

I use it for bread and sometimes pizza. Heh, never waffles.

And I'm hoping today will be productive as well. Matthew and I got most of our Christmas shopping done yesterday, but I'm hoping to knock the rest of it off the list today. Also on my list is to vacuum, do laundry, and play WoW.

groovysabrina said...

hmm. don't have a broiler. our oven only has 3 settings: off, full-blast, and somewhere in the middle. and I used to worry about temperatures!

I once used a broiler for kilbasa. yum.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

You CAN use the broiler for toast/waffles, but you have to stay close and pay attention. However, what you REALLY want is a Bugs Bunny waffle iron, because then your waffles are yummy, fresh and fun!!

I use the broiler for steaks, especailly in the winter or if Bob is just not up to grilling.

The banjo was the best answer, as it is a truly American instrument and always really fun.

Jessim said...

I have never actually used the broiler.

Kevin's uses that I know of:
Crisping up things like french fries.
Attempting to burn down the kitchen.
Toasting english muffins since we still don't have a new toaster

Tami Parker said...

I don't even know what a broiler is, but I'm against it on principal.

Sounds like it oughtta BOIL things, cept I know it doesn't. That's false baking advertising, right there.

Jessim said...

TamiJean- if it were meant to boil things, don't you think it should be called a boiler?

Instead a broiler is meant to broil things. But I'm not going to ruin the fun and tell you what it is.

Dr. Fandango said...

Dear The Asker,

I use the broiler to melt the toys that I have stolen from little children. Also, the bassoon is the bestest instrument ever! Anyone that does not think so shall find their toys in the broiler!!!!

Sincerly,
Dr. Fandango, melter of toys

Sweetie Pie said...

Well....... do not know what a broiler is so I am not going to leave a comment.

Love,
Sweetie Pie

The Minears said...

We used to use the broiler for stuff that should be grilled but we didn't feel like grilling. Now we just use our George Foreman for stuff like that.