Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Twilight: 6/5

Dear QotD?ers,

Guess what, Comcast is still providing terrible internet service. We have a service appointment scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully they'll fix whatever of theirs is broken.
There is quite a bit of work I want to do tonight in preperation for Thanksgiving. I need to move some boxes out of common areas, hang up art and photos, clean countertops, launder some sheets. Jackie, do you want to sleep on the queen size or twin size bed?*

Some work friends saw New Moon last night and we've chatted about it some. It seems I may be completely biased against the 2 main actors, because they thought Bella and Edward were great and that Jacob was terrible. Oh well, it's still fun to talk about and compare reactions. Also, I get to be a source of background information, since none of them have read the books.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
Have you ever been dissapointed in a TV or movie casting choice?

Love,
The Asker
*Parents and Grannie not spending the night Wednesday. Jackie and Matthew get an upgrade!

10 comments:

Jessim said...

Yes. :)

Tami Parker said...

*laughs* I feel like this is a trick question.

Yes, and so many that I can't think of a single stand-out among the bunch worth mentioning.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

I will never forgive Richard Harris for dying before completing the Harry Potter movies.

I cannot stand the fool that plays Dumbledore now. He does not convey the character at all, at times even portraying characteristics that are completely incongruent with Dumbledore. It is beyond disappointment; I am outraged.

Big hugs for hosting Thanksgiving!! That is very fun and exciting for you and Justin!! Hope it is spectacular!!

Mr. Super:)Sunshine:)s said...

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!The Dumbledore for the 3,4,5,6 Harry Potter series. I will never forgive that Dumbledore forbeing such a horrible Dumbledore.Yet I still like him for ruining the Harry Potter series because the series taught kids that witches and wizards were real,even though they are as fake as the Franks.(humor)

Sincerely,
Mr. SuperHappySunshineSmiles

groovysabrina said...

anything with Nicolas Cage.

Also Elmo as the main character of Sesame Street.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Thank you, Groovy Sabrina!!

Elmo is a character that TALKS BABY TALK!!! Explain that choice when it is meant to be an educational program. I find Barney less annoying than Elmo.


I see your point on Nicholas Cage as well.

Jackie said...

There was a rumor that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were going to star in the Atlas Shrugged movie. If this were to happen I would be incredibly unhappy.

Other than that, yes, I've been disappointed on several occasions. However, when they end up making my favorite books into movies I usually try to see the positive side of things.

Jackie said...

I don't mind sleeping in a twin! Matthew's twice as long as I am, so he could probably use the extra room.

The Minears said...

Yes, Morgan Freeman should not have been cast as Alex Cross in Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider. Alex Cross is much younger than Morgan Freeman.

And there are a bunch more, including the 'new' Dumbledore and the horrible casting of all four major characters in the TV movie 1st to Die

Kristen said...

Anne, I didn't know the new Dumbledore was such a poor choice! Thank you for the Thanksgiving encouragement!

Mr. SuperHappySunshineSmiles, another vote against Dumbledore!

Sabrina, HA! Nicholas Cage... not even in Natinal Treasure? I think he was fine in The Weatherman. I think Grover should be the star of Sesame Street. or Telly

Anne, when's the last time you watched Barney?

Jackie, I haven't heard of Atlas Shrugged. I'll have to ask you about it WHEN YOU GET HERE TODAY!! You get to sleep in the hippy retro room!

Angel-A, another vote against Dumbledore! I haven't seen the movies you mentioned either. Perhaps I'll put them on our Netflix list.