Wednesday, June 24, 2009

mantra

Dear QotD?ers,
.
For a while there I was crying at every wedding, except my own. I was enjoying it too much! Now, I'll cry if someone else starts crying. I'm very empathetic like that. At this last wedding, I cried at the father-daughter dance.
.
FYI: Cardio Salsa class will make you sweat.
.
For today's QotD?, I'm totally ganking it from someone who ganked it themselves. That person would be TamiJean stealing from someone called 'MizFit.' I haven't read the other person's blog, because I don't care as much for her as I do Tami.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What would you choose as a one-word mantra? a word that would remind you of what you strive to be or to remember? an explanation of choice would be much encouraged
.
Love,
The Asker
.
P.S. Other forms of acceptable gankery are ganking bagels from the bankery

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

Ok, this is truly difficult. I asked my spouse and he said my word would be "organized". I do find safety in order. I am calm when things are in order. I like to be organized. Yes, I guess that would have to be my word! (is that too boring???)

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Well, the mantra is "I am in charge of my own happiness," so the one word version is happiness.

The mantra reminds me that I get to choose happiness, no matter what events are whirling around me, I can make the choice to be happy and grateful for the life I have. More specifically, it reminds me that I am not obligated to take on the misery of others...I can help, I can sympthasize, but I do not have to take on the misery. I get to choose happiness.

Today I will take a small group of eleven year old boys to see Transformers. And I will be happy, no matter how many burps I will hear!! Muffled hearing has advantages!

kathleen said...

The one work mantra would be
"Focus".
Whatever I am doing, whether at work or at home, I sometimes get interrupted/distracted and I need to remind myself to focus on the task at hand.
There are others.......I like organized(Jeannie) and happiness(Anne)
Two word mantra would be "enjoy life"...everyday life with all its ups and downs!

Tami Parker said...

Hee! *twirls* I don't have just one word, I have four. No one ever accused me of brevity.

SERENITY
to remind myself to seek stillness and peace. That movement is not always growth, and to live in the moment.

GROWTH
to remind myself to seek out good change. To practice and strive to better myself.

POWER
to remind myself that I am powerful, and that I control my own destiny. My life is shaped by my choices.

BELIEVE
to remind myself of the magic all around me and to nurture the sense of curiosity and wonderment that fuel my imagination.

Moo said...

Serenity Now!

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Upon deep reflection, I will change my word. When I realy think about what is important and meaningful, I know I must include the one thing without which happiness would be elusive.

Moisturize!!!