Tuesday, June 23, 2009

bouquet and box of tissues

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Yes, I have missed two days. Friday at work I got sick. Sore throat, congestion, fever. This was no good, since I was a reader at my cousin's wedding on Saturday. I'm not a fan of public speaking, so I was really torn on how much could I be sick before it wasn't just trying to get out of speaking. I got some medicine, and made it through the wedding and reception fine. Luckily, my voice never gave out. I worked from home yesterday because I still had a mild fever. Today I had no fever, so back I went.
Justin accused me of mumbling a lot today. In the afternoon, my ears started poping and I realized just how stuffed up my head had been. Of course I had been mumbling, my voice already sounded loud in my head!
.
Still no progress on the house. I'll let you know when I hear some
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Do you cry at weddings?
.
Love,
The Asker

11 comments:

Stacy Drake said...

Yes! Every time. Even if I don't know the Bride and Groom that well. I find it so moving watching a man and a woman make a covenant with God.

They also take me back to my own wedding day and all the emotions tied into it.

I love weddings!

Mother of Three, Anne said...

I am not sure that I ever have cried at a wedding. I typically do not cry at funerals, either. I usually save my tears for extreme anger and frustration, or relentless hormone fluctuations. Crying is just not my response to joy or sadness.

Hope you are better and have stopped mumbling already! Get extra rest!

kathleen said...

Yes, I do cry at weddings. Lots of emotion. Hearing the vows/scripture readings....remind me of our wedding vows and all the emotions that go with a wedding.

I also love weddings!

Take care of yourself, Kristen!
Hope you are getting better every day.

Jessim said...

Not always- but I was a bawling mess at my sisters.

Jeannie said...

When the groom sees his beautiful bride for the first time, coming down the isle,and he tears up, that makes me cry. When the father of the bride gives her his kiss, that makes me cry. I hear the service, scriptures and songs and think celebration. One of the best times in the world is seeing your grown up child so in love on their wedding day!

AggieEngineer2k said...

Nope.

i can haz dis howse nao? purdy plz?

groovysabrina said...

I cried at my first couple weddings, but I don't really anymore.

I'm with Jeannie, those are the emotional moments!

groovysabrina said...

Wow, that's the house? So awesome! Good luck, guys, and great choice! I can see the tie-dye wall already.

Jackie said...

Yes, I always cry at weddings. I hope you continue to get better! Matthew and I are also sick, but it's just a soar throat and the sniffles, not fever or anything.

Kristen said...

Woah Stacy, I hadn't realized that you were posting at 3:45 am. Surely Lily isn't keeping you up that late...

Anne&Mom, Thank you, I got to come home early this evening!

Jackie, I'm sorry I got you guys sick, but you were warned!

Stacy Drake said...

haha, That must have been the night I couldn't sleep. Lily is hardly every the culprit. She's a good little sleeper.