Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's like a monday

Dear QotD?ers,
.
We went home last night. No power. no gasoline in the city. But we are at work today as demanded. Within 30 miles of the plant, power was up and gas stations are open.
.
The only damaged to our home were 4 small leaks. 3 from the lighting fixtures in our bathroom, 1 above the door frame in the other bathroom.
.
I'm not particularly happy about being at work today because I still feel sick. I have brougth supplies to take a hot shower.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What color are your socks today?
.
Love,
The Asker
.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

white.

Tami Parker said...

*hugs* I'm glad you're back in town and with so little damage, though I'm sorry to hear about the sick! I've been following along here and in your LJ, and I am very glad to hear everything is okay.

Also, I am sockless today. Black sandals for me.

My toenails, however, are a very pale sparkly pink.

Anonymous said...

Also white.

I vote Ike gets retired for the power, flooding and industrial impacts across multiple states.

Check out what a coworker found. Satellite imagery of the coastline down here: http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/ike/index.html

groovysabrina said...

No socks! Silver sandals.

I am glad to hear that you all have suffered minimal damage at home! That stinks that you have to be at work already. And that you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. You all have had quite a traumatic week.

Anonymous said...

No socks, no shoes. I was wearing tennis shoes and white socks, but when I watered the flower beds, they got all yucky.

I am sorry that you got called back to work and your home is not in a functioning way. That is really yucky. No hot showers, no hot coffee (or for you, a cold Dr. Pepper), no mind-numbing TV to watch. Icky. Icky.

Try to stay positive, happy and make as many jokes as you can along the way. I am sure you will find many people willing to share resources to make things more pleasant, so try to stay joyful and silly. Otherwise the icky feeling and the icky predicament become too icky!

Anonymous said...

White