Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Brownish

Dear QotD?ers,
.
I am making this post from my parent's kitchen. We've heard that progress is being made in our neighborhood. Some power has been restored and some stores are open. But our apartment doesn't have power and the stores still have limited supplies. My father-in-law drove by our building yesterday and it looked fine. Sounds like we'll just be dealing with a stinky fridge situation.
.
We still haven't made a decision to go back. Work would like us to, but I'm not confident in going home to a situation that is still unstable.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
Who else is really really tired of Ike and his effects?
.
Love,
The Asker
.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Me. I am really tired of this whole situation.

alicia said...

ooh, me! however, KSBJ has some really funny little "station identification" spots about ike that i particularly enjoy. there's one about how you can use their station to drown out your neighbor's generator, etc. good job, KSBJ creative team!

Anonymous said...

My Uncle Larry was pretty upset about the effects of Ike in his life. Larry lives in Glenview. IL., where Ike continued to cause flooding in his home and neighborhood. Chicago was experiencing a lot of flooding before the storm hit. Larry was even more upset to find out that north Texas had minimal rain and damage from the storm.

Anonymous said...

I am. I know millions of Texans are tired of it also!