Monday, September 15, 2008

Blackout

Dear QotD?ers,
.
If you haven't been keeping up with my blog (http://ksspiff.livejournal.com), we spent the weekend in College Station and last night drove to my parent's house. Our town is still without power and everyone who evacuated is being asked NOT to return.
.
QotD?ers Amanda and her family evacuated from the Galveston area, but all reports are saying that their town is completely destroyed. Keep them in your prayers.
.
Today's Question of the Day? is:
.
What are you thankful for?
.
Love,
The Asker
.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm thankful that all my gulf coast friends alright. But I'm worried because there are still a few I haven't been able to hear from.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that Bob had recently given his friend a power inverter, as it came in quite handy for Daryl after the hurricane. I would have never thought that it might have come in handy, but then again, I would have never thought to own a power inverter anyway. It makes me wonder if there really is value to the pneumatic wrench..or any of the kajillon tools in the barn.

I have seen reports of Houstonians bringing their unneeded supplies to help stations. I am thankful that there is help, support and compassion.

Anonymous said...

My family, my life, my faith......order is not important.

I pray for all those affected by
Hurricane IKE.

alicia said...

i am thankful that everyone is safe and sound. stuff can be replaced or done without, but you cannot do either with the people that you love.

that being said, i'm also very thankful that my apartment has power and i can move back home tomorrow. God is pretty amazing.