Tuesday, July 6, 2010

telll me

Dear QotD?ers,

It's about time I answer some of my own questions:
7/6: For the 4th, we packed up some bug repellent, two camp chairs and drove out to the frontage road to watch fireworks. We found this spot last year, and it's pretty great! And then I sang along with the radio on the ride home. They were playing patriotic songs. I really impressed Justin with my singing of the 1812 Overature.
6/29: As Queen, I would force everyone to understand what a kolache is, and how it is different than a pig-in-a-blanket.
6/28: We really only know the good neighbors and the Canadians. I've talked to a few of the others. I still have this plan that we are going to invite our immediate neighbors (all around) for a homemade icecream party some summer weekend.

Good! now that we have all of that squared away, on to the question!!!!! !!

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What do you want to see more of from QotD?as we go into the third year of blog form?

Love,
The Asker

4 comments:

Mother of Three, Anne said...

The blog is most fun when you put forth a game format. Twenty Questions or 3 Lies and a Truth were immensely fun.

I note that the easy questions that do not take a lot of creative thinking or imagination get better responses, so maybe the easy games are the best answer.

I will assume it is frustrating for you, because it is most fun when you get lots of answers. But it seems that those time you try to make it more fun and creative, you suddenly get fewer participants.

I know in my home, the blog gets READ almost daily, but many times it is not answered. Sometimes it is because "I didn't know what to say" and sometimes it is "I didn't like that question." I know from your comments over time, that this is true for many of your participants.

Oh, and I do know that at least one participant in my home is only EVER looking for what YOUR response to their answer is going to be. If you don't respond, big ole pouty fits are thrown and your character is called into question.

I will try to help offer ideas on games, if you wish.

kathleen said...

I have thought about this and really don't have an 'easy' answer.

Perhaps a "Finish this sentence......" would be something we could try ....again. I think we have done this.....

Tami Parker said...

I don't know. I think everyone enjoys a different type of question (though I too am in the camp where I like to see your responses, Asker!).

Sometimes I find myself interested in the responses to a question I might at first have been uninterested in, so I vote you just keep doing what you're doing.

It's a box of mixed chocolates. There's something for everyone. <3

Kristen said...

Anne, I'm going to try some more 20 questions and lie/truth themes. I have a week-long riddle theme planned as well. It's good to know that QotD? is read and I'm going to do a much better job of including MY answer from now on!

Mom, we did song-lyrics, perhaps I could try a mad-libbs theme.

TamiJean, it also helps when you and Anne go off on tangents. :D