Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm tracking your activities.

Dear QotD?ers,

I would get QotD? blog some question mark socks. Of course, I'd get myself a pair to match.

It has been an eventful weekend. We went roller skating on Saturday night with one of my high-school friends. I hadn't been since Junior High, and started off a little wobbly. By the end of the evening I was doing great... until... UNTIL... the end of the girls-only song, as Stacy and I were getting off the floor, I totally bit it. I fell back, and I'm still not sure how I landed, but based on my aches and pains, I'm guessing I held onto a railing with my right hand - taking most of the fall impact, then onto my butt and right forearm. I have no bruises, surprisingly enough. Then tonight we went over to a couple's house for dinner and played 3 board games with them! Cascarones, Robots and Space Depot. It was a lot of fun. Man, I like having friends that want to play games.

Today's Question of the Day? is:
What did you do for 4th of July?

Love,
The Asker

5 comments:

kathleen said...

Went to church, grocery store, prepared food, took a nap, then went to frien'ds house for food, and fireworks. A good time was had by all! :)
PS
I made an ice cream cake using a new recipe that was yummy!

Jessim said...

I honestly have no idea... the weekend is a blur, so I can't think of which day was the 4th.

It's likely that I played Super Mario RPG and worked on my sock yarn blanket- because I did that all 3 days of the weekend.

And we watched the fireworks from the house.

Jeannie said...

Our 4th was low key. As the heat is so oppressive, we stayed indoors. We went to church, had hamburgers for lunch and watched some British mystery series from Netflicks streaming! Yeah. We could see some fireworks in our area from our upstairs TV room.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

We watched fireworks on the 3rd, had brunch at our house for some friends, Bob mowed a property to prepare for guests that evening, and then we rested that evening. Since all of our neighbors love to set off their own fireworks, it was hard getting to sleep, as firecrackers and pops and wheezes broke the silence.

I will say this every year....Just because we live outside city limits does NOT mean we are "in the country." We are in a neighborhood!!! And not only am I dizzy from the lack of common sense of this practice, but they never clean up the mess!!! ARGGGG!! I really do not relish the mess that lingers in the street and in our yards for weeks!!

My garden is full of bees! At least three different varieties, including the big bumblee bees. It was kinds scary this morning, but I love that there are bees and butterflies abounding in the garden.

Kristen said...

Mom, i love ice cream cake. you should make that nex time you come.

Skittle, that sounds like good stuff

2nd Mom, HOORAY NETFLIX!

Anne, a fulfilling evening, except for the inconsiderate neighbors. boo