Monday, August 17, 2009

Heaven: 2/5

Dear QotD?ers,
It actually rained at our house today! but I left to get my haircut and didn't get back until after dark. And then Justin tried to get me to eat lima beans.
In Heaven Orientation I would include answers to these questions: "What is the meaning of life?" "Why do bad things happen to good people?" "Why does God let Earth have disease and war?" "How was the universe really created?" "Are there aliens?" "How big is this place?" And then everyone would learn the basics about Heaven, like: There are no field trips to hell - we won't let you back in. Simulating fart noises is only allowed in designated areas. No, you can't have everything you've ever wanted because getting into heaven has transformed your soul and you no longer feel a need to punch people in the face or try drugs "just to see what it's like."
Today's Question of the Day? is:

How would you like your wings and halo? or, what other heavenly outfit would you prefer?


Love,
The Asker

4 comments:

Mother of Three, Anne said...

The meaning of life question has been resolved for me. Jacob and Nick got in a a warped sibling rivarly over this a few years back. Jacob's answer is: to reproduce. Nick spent much more time and did research to get his answer: to find beauty in the world around us. I surmised that they are both correct and that maybe life is just that simple.

I know my big question would be "What is gravity, really?" After that I need someone to really explain to me the TV concept of "take a picture here, break it into a million little pieces, SEND THOSE PIECES THROUGH THE AIR AND THEN THEY GET PUT BACK TOGETHER ON YOU TV." I have never heard any other explanation of how a tv works and HOW can that be sufficient?? Really? Oh, yeah! That explains it!!

Heavenly attire, for me, would be a nicely tailored outfit, no wings and a very simple, almost invisible halo. Oh, and a string of pearls. Maybe a couple of strings of varying lengths. And one of those lovely pearl braclets.

Jeannie said...

Heaven's attire for me would be very practical since I will be spending my time in the gardens. I will, however, have the usual white outfit and glowing halo for special occasions. The wings will be nice for moving around effortlessly.

Aunt Barbara said...

Actually, technically, we will be saints in heaven, not angels. . . so we won't be getting wings or halos. It is purely a misunderstanding that we all become angels when we get to heaven. It's a nice thought but we are better than angels. They are a breed unto themselves, there to serve God and we don't fall into that category. We will be there to "worship" our heavenly Father.
As far as questions for God, I have so many it's hard to pick a few to list. Like "Did God send the animals to the ark or did Noah actually have to go scrounging around in the woods to find every little insect?"
"Was Melchezadech an angel, Jesus or really an earthly king?"
"Did Eve make it to heaven, after the stunt she pulled in the garden?" If so I'm sure there were a lot of female saints with questions for her, or as you said, a punch in the face!
And of course the biggest one. . . "Why did you wait so long to come back?"

kathleen said...

Halo..........not so much. But the wings........yes, I want wings
and long flowing hair.........and a gossimer gown.......and perhaps I would look only 30? or 35??