Sunday, August 16, 2009

Heaven: 1/5

Dear QotD?ers,
.
Excluding text books and china cabinet things, there are only 5 boxes left to unpack. That doesn't mean everything is neatly in its place (because some things are grouped in piles on the floor..) but PROGRESS!
Here, let me show you a picture of our dining room, with new china cabinet*

There are two things that I won't buy at the grocery store, but this is sort of untrue, since I've bought them before: sushi and pecans. Sushi because, well, raw fish intended to be eaten raw requires some skill and professional handling. Pecans because, well, they always come free and clean from my parents freezer. Since I don't live with them anymore, this limits my access to the Svatek Farm Pecans, but it doesn't make me feel better about buying pecans at the grocery store.
.
This week's questions are going to require some creativity** and faith (or suspension of disbelief). As you may surmise from the posts' title, the theme is Heaven! For this week, imagine that you have been fortunate enough to make it to Heaven, the afterlife, as ruled by God or 'supreme beings.'

Today's Question of the Day? is:
As a new comer, you have been invited to help develop 'Heaven Orientation.' This will become the program that all new souls will recieve and will cover all of the common questions, rules and possibilities.

What will you include in Heaven Orientation?

Love,
The Asker

*This is the point I got to last night when my computer started having serious problems performing my commands. I finally gave up on it, which is why the first of this week is showing up Tuesday morning. Apologies!

**None of us have been to Heaven and religious writings only give so much insight. Your 'heaven' can be however you want it.

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

Wow, interesting question. Heaven orientation would include someone to meet you at the gate to walk with you through the first bit of time because you will be in such awe, you will not be able to move. I don't invision rules, there is just peace and harmony. There will be beautiful sights and sounds abound, so you will need to learn to take it all in. At your appointed time, you will be invited into the presence of God. There, you are on your own. After that, you will find your point of service and live forever in awe!

Mother of Three, Anne said...

Having attended two of the three orientations that my kids need to go to before school, I am pretty confident that my position on this hasn't changed in over 30 years. I really don't like orientations. I get the purpose, but the games...the hookiness...the pepped-up attitude of "This is great and you're gonna love it".....all these things are irritating to me.

If my job is to plan the orientation for Heaven, and this is my vision of Heaven, I am going to take the day to think this through. This question is not as easy as my son's question about changing the monetary system. If I had that power, I would abolish paper money and have everybody trade in lipsticks and nail polishes. I would be sooooo greedy in that economy!!!

AggieEngineer2k on Cloud 9 said...

1. Don't stand too close to the edge of the clouds. Your wings are not fully functional yet.
2. Zither hours are between 9AM and 7PM (for wherever your cloud happens to be over Earth).
3. Don't pick up hitchhikers.
4. All visitors must check in at the front gates. (St. Peter is on call 24/7 for authorization.)
5. Everyone is asked to make a best effort attempt to comply with prayer requests from the living.
6. Don't poke fun at Adam and Eve for not having belly-buttons. They've heard it all by now, and it's still not funny.

Mother of Three, Anne said...

As the Simpsons taught me, Heaven is different for each of us. There is a Catholic Heaven and a Protestant Heaven, so that all of us get our visions fulfilled.

With this perspective in mind, I will fulfill those who love orientations.

There will be a massive orientation with Cheerleaders for God leading a pep rally. Welcoming speeches will be made by all the Saints. (Apologies to the non-Catholics) Leaders from different divisions will talk about their works and goals and try to recruit new members. Heavenly Choirs will sing and the band will play. There will be games to help newcomers get acquainted with each other and with the layout. It will be awesome! Everyone will love it!!

Except those of us who don't. Such newcomers will be given booklets with all the information. Before entering heaven, newcomers will have to pass a test on the booklet. Should they fail, they will be mandated to attend the Pep Rally.

Even though I would not attend the Pep Rally, I am having way too much fun conjuring up images of Cheerleaders for God and determinging what music the band will play.

The other day, Nick said he wished the US Anthem was more like the Black Eyed Peas song Boom Boom Pow. He came up with the chorus:

We are the USA
With freedom every way!

And really, for a Heavenly Pep Rally, I need to come up with something just as fun!!

kathleen said...

Don't know if this is truly possible.......but it is heaven.......right? Guess we will know once we are there........

Talking to people about traveling
back and forth in time would be awesome! We will have eternity to explore this dimension.